some new pics:

I went to my grandfathers house today. he lived in a really interesting house in the country side; I haven't been to the place in years, maybe two or three times since he died 17 years ago. the house is empty, has barely been checked upon every now and then. my relatives have wanted to keep it because its quite unique and the family also owns the land, but no one has come up for any use for it so the place just is there. I get quite an eerie feeling when I go there since I've been there only a couple of times after he passed away. I can easily see my grandfather sitting in a folding chair on the front yard, the sun was burning so he had a hat made out of a napkin with the corners tied. wandering around there, I cant help but to feel sad that I didn't know him when I was older.

A little late but Mike, that home is fantastic! Equipped with Eames lounge and all.

some new pics:

I went to my grandfathers house today. he lived in a really interesting house in the country side; I haven't been to the place in years, maybe two or three times since he died 17 years ago. the house is empty, has barely been checked upon every now and then. my relatives have wanted to keep it because its quite unique and the family also owns the land, but no one has come up for any use for it so the place just is there. I get quite an eerie feeling when I go there since I've been there only a couple of times after he passed away. I can easily see my grandfather sitting in a folding chair on the front yard, the sun was burning so he had a hat made out of a napkin with the corners tied. wandering around there, I cant help but to feel sad that I didn't know him when I was older.

eam01.jpg

my grandfather had the same chair, he passed away on sunday. similar house too, post-war modern, with a lot of frank lloyd wright kinda features. good photos - nostalgia always brings a deeper meaning to how you can interpret your own photos and art. feel happy that you knew and loved him regardless, thats how i see it with my grandfather. i loved him to the end, and thats all that matters for me.

A little late but Mike, that home is fantastic! Equipped with Eames lounge and all.

I was just figuring if I could fit the chair in our apartment, will have to ditch the current one :P

funny thing is, the lounge chair has been one of my favorite pieces of furniture for quite while. I hadn't been to the place in a while, and a few weeks back we were just discussing the chair with my girlfriend when I saw it in a magazine. I said that I think my grandfather had some sort of big chair like that at his place, but I couldn't remember for sure what kind it was. so we went there and there it was, I wasn't even surprised ;)

Nicholas, I like the first shot, what glass did you get?

Mike, any new Yashica shots?

I just picked up a Nikon EM from a garage sale, dude had a lot of stuff, should've picked up more but I didnt have much cash on me. He threw in a couple filters and a strap for $50. Seems good.