Love the portrait mike.

I love all your posts arevalo.

Here's my apartment windows on a grey summer day.

359303602_7ad3151473.jpg

a brighter summer day with my family's bamboo plants

359262721_f385de13a4.jpg

If anyone has helpful comments pls go to my flickr ^_^ ... I want to learn more about anything to do with being more thoughtful about taking pictures.

Mike I usually don't like landscapes with horizons that divide the frame in half or eyes on a portrait that are making a line that divide the frame in half but there are always exceptions. When composed like that it has a tendency to make the image very static. Sometimes when I'm looking at a portrait and get the feeling seeing the subject for who they really are those things like I fore mentioned are not as important. In fact in the setting of your portrait it adds a calmness to the image and fits very well. Heres an exception to the rule that really worked. I tend to put horizons or eyes in a portrait at the top third or bottom third of the frame but will on occasion go for the center line.

Is this house in the Presidio? If not then it looks a LOT like some houses they're restoring there! The 5th picture in my post on the last page (#422) was actually taken outside one of the houses they're restoring.

This is actually on the other side of the Golden Gate, Fort Baker.

They're tearing down these houses to build a hotel.

^ some cool toys you got there! I checked out your portfolio, good stuff... do you scan the negatives with a flat bed scanner with some of the images? looks like the focus was a bit off here and there, and I am sure it was fine in prints and on film, so my guess is that the problem was with the scanning... a photog friend of mine with Hasselblad had the same problem in his online portfolio... but I could be wrong...

Some of my random old portrait work:

149147001_7257d7d05a.jpg

149149338_4138e1854d.jpg

8054382_99ffa4e46b.jpg

108501194_abcf15d3e4.jpg

that's what I thought, my friend who shoots MF got online images that look exactly like that... drives me crazy... hahah... with 35mm a quality film scanner is relatively cheap, but I guess when you do MF it would cost a fortune to get a pro film scanner...

Shot my first magazine assignment this past weekend. It was for Fader magazine. I drove up to Chicago and followed around David Vandervelde and his band for 2 days. It was fucking great...getting paid to party and smoke weed with cool dudes while taking pictures of them.

David is a pretty good musician, check his shit out: www.davidvandervelde.com

Here are some selects;

The band

2qbvq0w.jpg

Stewie, the house pit

2cmm1oo.jpg

David

4cblqx1.jpg

David and Stewie

4ck9y5t.jpg

The living room

33lhwqx.jpg