Skagway, Alaska:

459371248_1f30c6899d.jpg

Dude broke his shoulder right after I took this at the Helmville, Montana Rodeo:

2069817585_ca4761872b.jpg

I visited my friend during his Peace Corps stint in Ingot-Tolgoi, Mongolia. Here's how the kiddies got/go to school...

249402035_732b46c401.jpg

...by innertube (nice paddle):

249406601_bc4e6fb92e.jpg

a trip for 2 am pizza reminded me why i love photography and especilly shooting at night

here are a few

2319937923_b0ccbfa81b.jpg

2319935419_ecfa073a50.jpg

not from night time.. ya know, in case you couldn't tell

2320752696_7496799182.jpg

2320757506_720009971c.jpg

daw

2320756036_8f43eabbe3.jpg

2320754618_0d4bb0e676.jpg

2320753708_19b8be2956.jpg

this one really isn't a good photo but i love it for some reason

these really need to be seen bigger, but.. oh well

I just got a digital SLR, and i'm still fooling around with the settings. saw this driving around. please tell me what i can do to improve it next time

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/ericwong277/dsc_0012-1.jpg

Other than improving the angle (by using a tripod to elevate the camera or getting more distance which requires a longer lens), I would say straighten it out and it'll be much improved.

I agree with sidneylo. It's a great shot, but you could try and shoot low to get the edges of the sidewalk to "meet" the bottom corners of the frame...perhaps that would make the church more approachable. Also, set the shutter speed a little higher to get more definition in the church.

The good thing with a DSLR is that you can try out different settings and see instant results; don't be afraid to take multiple shots. That's my opinion anyway.

I went out to shovel the snow today after a big snowstorm. Thought it would be cool to take a pic of the snow hanging off the edge of my roof. A seagull happened to fly by...wish I had captured it better, but I'm happy it made it into the shot.

f53d63b9.jpg

The result of not clearing the backyard all winter

b3147a37.jpg

Hey guys, just some photos from past few days...

I like how the colors turned out in this, but I wish I had focused it better.

IMG_0606.jpg

And I like this, I think auto levels and such in PS fucked with the contrast and shit...

IMG_0639.jpg

I'm ordering Understanding Exposure soon, someone recommended to me... but I would appreciate any tips or resources on anything basic really... exposure, focus, color.

Thanks!

Hey guys, just some photos from past few days...

I like how the colors turned out in this, but I wish I had focused it better.

IMG_0606.jpg

And I like this, I think auto levels and such in PS fucked with the contrast and shit...

IMG_0639.jpg

I'm ordering Understanding Exposure soon, someone recommended to me... but I would appreciate any tips or resources on anything basic really... exposure, focus, color.

Thanks!

AHH! Adorable kitty!! What pretty eyes

This shrine is on McCrae lake...back in nineteen-dickity-two there was this family living up there (back when it wasn't very populated), and the father went outside with his shotgun upon hearing a rustling noise...when he opened the door, there was a bear right in front of him, so he hit it with the butt of his rifle, which ended up back-firing into his stomach. His family piled into their little dingy and headed up this raging (now tiny) river toward town. He positioned the motor to point them in the right direction, glanced over and saw his little daughter praying, and then blacked out. He promised to erect a shrine when he returned home, and that he did. People come and construct little makeshift crosses to place around Mary out of sticks, spoons, etc.

mary.jpg

this is what my friends and I do when we hang out on a friday night :\

wang.jpg

wang2.jpg