has anyone here ever used a Leica D-lux 3 by any chance? ones come up on eBay for cheap and i'm tempted

has anyone here ever used a Leica D-lux 3 by any chance? ones come up on eBay for cheap and i'm tempted

I have a panasonic lx3 which is the twin to the d-Lux series and its a great little camera. I shot the images of the trees and 9/11 sculpture on the previous page with it. I printed them both out at 8x10 and they looked really good. It's no M series but the lens is pretty good, and it's size is an advantage for travel and street photos.

Have you thought of the lx3? It can be had for cheaper (mine was bought for 80 bucks), it's the same sensor as the d-lux 4 and lens as well. I've read the d-lux3 is pretty noisy but if you need that red dot, and can't afford the dlux4 then I'd say go for it. Don't push above ISO 400 though.

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

First attempt at scanning , any feed back is appreciated

Really clean, just make sure to dust your film off first. I can see a bunch of dust particles. You can also use the repair tool in photoshop. If your ever going to print be sure to get all of those dust particles, you don't want to waste good paper. 

thanks for the feedback. I rarely dust negatives even when printing, which I guess I should start doing.

On another note, do you have any recommendations for the best settings for scanning?

Edited by WhiteM

a leica d-lux 3 for £120 (near enough $200) off ebay  :) thanks btw, i'm not really a photographer, more of a designer, but i want to bring a few zines and publications out at some point in the future so i just bought it for pictures in that and to mess around on really!

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II? Trying to decide between this and the Sony A7.

The olympus has more lenses, and they're more affordable. It's got faster focusing, and touchscreen (at least the first one did). It also seemed smaller to me, but I also had the panasonic 20mm 1.7 and that lens is super small. I think the oly wins for style points too imo. 

The sony doesn't have a lot of lenses yet, and the ones they do have are expensive. However, the image quality is better. I've own the E-m5 so i know both of those cameras. The dynamic range on the sony is pretty damn good too. Also, in my opinion, the high ISO is better on the Sony. The oly is no slouch for the sensor size though. Also the Sony has more shallow depth of field if that's important to you. 

I guess it boils down to your needs. I wanted full frame, and something I could use for professional use. I also needed a small package for when i want to travel/shoot street with it and the sony filled all my check marks. I hope this helps!