Shameless self plug in a way but I just re did my Tumblr to have all my photos on a separate page and have been updating a lot lately! http://michaeljjcc.tumblr.com/photography  I really really want to make a name for myself through photography and could use some advice/critique. I know my photos are nothing special and I still have a lot to learn but I am happy with what I've posted and maybe you guys could hep me to be better through tough critique.    :blush2:  

off topic, do you own a first gen rx7? I used to have the gsl-se fully built for auto X it was a badass car. Sold it to a friend who eff it up by putting a infiniti motor in it :(

Have you checked for photography associations in your area? They would offer support, networking, critique, etc. In person critique is different for me because you're in the room with the person, there's more of a constant flow of input and output, and its nice to see from a perspective of someone who doesn't "get it" or has a completely different style. The best part is most are working professionals. 

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

Sadly that sweet whip belongs to a good friend of mine, He and his girlfriend both have the dopest RXs. They're rad cars, I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the info though! I'll fer sure look into it, I'm in an area ruled by painters so hopefully they have some network I could linger off of!

@lax- Lovely portraits. I like the fact that she still has natural texture in her skin rather than an airbrushed and faux smoothness. The lighting is striking and calm and the pops of color mixed with cooler tones in the set is refreshing to see. Killer shots dude.

@lax- Lovely portraits. I like the fact that she still has natural texture in her skin rather than an airbrushed and faux smoothness. The lighting is striking and calm and the pops of color mixed with cooler tones in the set is refreshing to see. Killer shots dude.

thanks for the kinds words man!! idk if you are interested, but this really helped me https://fstoppers.com/post-production/ultimate-guide-frequency-separation-technique-8699

Edited by laxlife1234

anyone know who this guy gets that PP fluffy cloudy effect? Stunning photos regardless of edits though!

The lighting in Tokyo is just good like that! No, but my experience from living in Tokyo for 6 months and doing a lot of photography is that is alot of the time slightly overcast. Soft lighting like you can see in his pictures.

But technicaly the exposures seems to be on point and the editing looks good. What I usually do when wanting pictures like that is that I shoot it as flat as I can get it. and I adjust the luminance of the colors to get that soft look.

I think its a combination of good lighting as Marw said and his style of PP. You could try lowering clarity without making your pictures pasty, then set your highlight and black points in curves. I can't see all his pics because my net is capped but from what I can tell it looks like he sets his highlights quite low. In terms of colours he probably backs of on vibrance more than saturation.

anyone know who this guy gets that PP fluffy cloudy effect? Stunning photos regardless of edits though!

http://www.minimallyminimal.com/blog/rx1-tokyo-01

example:

DSC02120.jpg?format=1000w