i would get a zoom lens, maybe around 14mm to 85mm. now i don't know all these specific lenses to chose from but a 24-70mm f/2.8 L (the f4 version is good to, if the 2.8 is too expensive) would be the optimal choice for me.

Need some help here. 

So im going to be shooting an "our process" sort of video for a rolex repairer and need a bit help choosing a lens. Im pretty sure well be shooting in a tight place and ill either be directly over or behind him 75% of the time. 

Can anyone recommend me a pretty good canon lens for this. I sort of want to find something with a bit of versatility as well since i will most likely be renting and will want to play around with it a bit before and after the shoot. 

Thanks!

Get the 24-105 from Canon. The perfect video lens. It's highly regarded as the best Canon lens for video. The stabilizer does wonders. Make shire not to shoot too wide. It won't look good. I would really shoot at anything wider than 50. At least when you close. Are you shooting and a full frame?

^Both great advice, those lens will be superb, I guess it depends whether you need that 2.8 or not. If you have a crop camera go for the corresponding alternate. I like to shoot primes but if you're taking videos its nice to have a zoom.

^Both great advice, those lens will be superb, I guess it depends whether you need that 2.8 or not. If you have a crop camera go for the corresponding alternate. I like to shoot primes but if you're taking videos its nice to have a zoom.

The stabilizer on the 24-105 accounts for one whole stop. So the f4, is about the same as 2.8!

@zayyarwinthein I seriously envy those tones you have in your photos. Although I shoot on portra, I can't get anywhere near what you're getting. 

Wow thanks ! I need to shoot more Portra but it's impossible to get in New Zealand unless you order off eBay which I will do in a few days.

Tones wise all those photos I posted have literally no post editing whatsoever just a little bit of curves, cropping and black and white. Give Fujifilm Pro a shot !

Wow thanks ! I need to shoot more Portra but it's impossible to get in New Zealand unless you order off eBay which I will do in a few days.

Tones wise all those photos I posted have literally no post editing whatsoever just a little bit of curves, cropping and black and white. Give Fujifilm Pro a shot !

What do you scan with? I just scan the negative in Epson Scan and invert it in photoshot using color perfect. I have vuescan but every time I scan in it I get pretty shoddy results. 

What do you scan with? I just scan the negative in Epson Scan and invert it in photoshot using color perfect. I have vuescan but every time I scan in it I get pretty shoddy results. 

I don't have a scanner - which is something I need to get.

The place where I get it developed scan to disc or USB and they use Epson V700's, not 100% sure what they're colour correction software etc is but they're pretty good.

Doesn't seem like there's too much photo-book love in here, but I'll post anyways

Got these today(gift from my sister)

bf6ee1d29d5e11e3be431213a9d130e3_8.jpg

Shitty pics of to awesome books! "Paradise Now" has been on my wish list for a long time! 

Yeah I saw it, the weatherproof body is pretty sweet. I like how they're sticking with the older body styles but still mixing it up.

Same I was thinking about getting an xpro but its too similar to my x100. 

I hear a full frame version is in the works as well. Im starting to do a lot more professional shit so Ill need a new camera soon just incase my current one breaks.  

I don't have a scanner - which is something I need to get.

The place where I get it developed scan to disc or USB and they use Epson V700's, not 100% sure what they're colour correction software etc is but they're pretty good.

Gotcha. I gotta get better with getting more accurate color from my scans. Over the summer I'll probably just have labs in NYC scan it for me since they can give me far better scans. 

Gotcha. I gotta get better with getting more accurate color from my scans. Over the summer I'll probably just have labs in NYC scan it for me since they can give me far better scans. 

Yeah fair enough, it's quite expensive here to even have that as an option at times. Really hoping I can find a scanner soon.

tumblr_n1lqlmZSik1qdbcewo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1cs50GVd81qdbcewo1_1280.jpg

want to get an x100 myself. haven't been shooting much since i got d600 (too heavy as an everyday carry)

I need an X100 haha, the D600 is just not an option to carry - or a small film camera like a Contax T2 or G2.

By the way the tones in the first photo are just flawless, the way the wood just seeps in contrast is just great. 

canon t3 - nuit blanche toronto 20139uk5.jpg
canon t3 - some photojournalism on the main street of my city.. lolt81l.jpg
minolta xg-mye0o.jpg
nikon f100 - 2 darkroom prints scanned together (test strip + print)m74v.jpg
nikon f100 - darkroom print, studio lighting9r4t.jpg
nikon f100 - darkroom print, studio lightingqf2n.jpg

I got to print my own stuff as my high school has a black and white darkroom which is great.

my flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverwoelfle/

feel free to add me as a contact or peep my stuff