lax and samh killin it

thanks man, right back at you! 

hahaha that's totally her. how do you know her?

shit.. that's strange, haha! One of my friends has a project she has to do for a class and because she knows I do this professionally back at home she asked me for my help and that girl was one of the 'models'. 

Edited by laxlife1234

Question time! What is your favorite film camera to shoot with? I currently have a Minolta SR-1 that I use but it's seriously falling apart day by day. I got it in a garage sale a couple years back for a really good deal but I think I'm ready to finally put money down on a new film camera. Now I would just appreciate some much needed recommendations. Point me in the right direction? Yes? Thanks in advance!

Edited by hello_occifer

Question time! What is your favorite film camera to shoot with? I currently have a Minolta SR-1 that I use but it's seriously falling apart day by day. I got it in a garage sale a couple years back for a really good deal but I think I'm ready to finally put money down on a new film camera. Now I would just appreciate some much needed recommendations. Point me in the right direction? Yes? Thanks in advance!

My favorite film cameras I've shot and own are Mamiya 7, Contax G1, and Yashica T4. They are all great cameras with their own set of attributes. For color film I love shooting with Fuji superia, fro B&W I mostly shoot Ilford HP5. There is a lot of great cameras out there, if your looking for a low end camera under a 100 I would recommend; canon ae1 as a film dslr, for point and shoot I would go with an olympus stylus infinity. 

My favorite film cameras I've shot and own are Mamiya 7, Contax G1, and Yashica T4. They are all great cameras with their own set of attributes. For color film I love shooting with Fuji superia, fro B&W I mostly shoot Ilford HP5. There is a lot of great cameras out there, if your looking for a low end camera under a 100 I would recommend; canon ae1 as a film dslr, for point and shoot I would go with an olympus stylus infinity. 

Would you say ebay is a reliable place to buy cameras online? If not, do you have a preferred site that you trust to purchase your film cameras? And I truly appreciate those recommendations! I'm going to look up and research each one. :3 Thank you much!

Some ebay sellers are reliable, some not, and you can't really tell if an old camera has problems or not from an ebay listing. Unless they've run a roll through it they won't know if there's light leaks, etc. Stuff like that can be fixed but if you can't do that yourself (I can't) not every camera shop can/will.

I've had good luck with keh.com for old film camera stuff. Their grading of used cameras is pretty strict, I would buy an EX condition camera with no reservations and I've bought BGN condition lenses that were totally fine.

I really like my Nikon FE, which I bought from an Etsy seller who tuned it up before selling.

So, who here uses Lightroom? What's your process for organizing your photos? I've been using Apple Aperture forever but I'm starting to see how fucking stupid it is that they put your photo files into a "library" file and the only way to get the RAWs out is to open the program and export them out of the library, even after you've imported them onto your HDD.