^ That's so awesome!

I'm just curious (since I love your fashion work), what recommendations do you have for taking fashion photos? I keep trying but it seems like I just take lifestyle over and over again no matter how much I try to branch out to fashion. I have a potential shoot this sunday where I'll hopefully be able to capture a few fashion inspired photos.

^ That's so awesome!

I'm just curious (since I love your fashion work), what recommendations do you have for taking fashion photos? I keep trying but it seems like I just take lifestyle over and over again no matter how much I try to branch out to fashion. I have a potential shoot this sunday where I'll hopefully be able to capture a few fashion inspired photos.

Thanks man! Sorry, just saw your post now. Advice: keep shooting and experimenting. Don't overwork yourself. I've thought of asking others the same question, thing is... Your style is your style. If you tend to be gravitating towards what you says "lifestyle," mold it into what you like.

Thanks man! Sorry, just saw your post now. Advice: keep shooting and experimenting. Don't overwork yourself. I've thought of asking others the same question, thing is... Your style is your style. If you tend to be gravitating towards what you says "lifestyle," mold it into what you like.

Ah, ok, thanks a bunch! Yeah, I want to branch into fashion... hopefully I can be a lifestyle fashion photographer - going to need a lot more practice, lol.

Few images from the shoot this Sunday.

p1429371648-4.jpg

p1427815840-4.jpg

p1427813968-4.jpg

Jacob, I'm far from a fashion photography expert, but I've done two myself and lifestyle fashion shoots are definitely hip right now. I think you're on the right track :)

Thanks :) I know I shouldn't say this, but my friends aren't models. I've been stalking MM in hopes of finding a few that I like and are willing to have a shoot... only time and practice will tell what I do. Also when I go off to college, I'm hoping that there are some advanced photography electives I could take.

the post-process on this one is excellent. subtle yet noticeable.

Agreed. So much win with that photo. I really want to know how to do that as well.

Edited by laxlife1234

Well unfortunately, you have to take the basic camera courses before you can go anything advanced. That's just the way it is, call it job security for the professors. I tried to test out or whatnot and I couldn't. Needless to say, it was a boring first semester lol. (I'm not saying I know everything I just know how to work a camera properly lol)

V-day dinner :) Happy Valentines y'all!

8474231631_78b3533da5_c.jpg

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

so i really like pic #2 (best) and #4...not want you to misunderstand my point, but the other ones look like sth. is missing! that special ingredient (if you want to call it like that!) to make the pic interesting and special, so that the viewer want to know more about it and the things that are going on in the pic...most of all pic #2 is telling a little story imo, while the other ones are "just pics"...

hope you get what i´m trying to say?!...still nice work though

(shit, i really need to take out the cam again!)...

Ah, ok, thanks a bunch! Yeah, I want to branch into fashion... hopefully I can be a lifestyle fashion photographer - going to need a lot more practice, lol.

Few images from the shoot this Sunday.

p1429371648-4.jpg

p1427815840-4.jpg

p1427813968-4.jpg

Thanks guys, here's two more.

8471638113_d24302a4b4_z.jpg

//Serious by Jacob Skoglund, on Flickr

Brenizer

8468804001_ede8685a08_z.jpg

Dina ~Brenizer~ by Jacob Skoglund, on Flickr

Well unfortunately, you have to take the basic camera courses before you can go anything advanced. That's just the way it is, call it job security for the professors. I tried to test out or whatnot and I couldn't. Needless to say, it was a boring first semester lol. (I'm not saying I know everything I just know how to work a camera properly lol)

Heh - well if that's the case I wont take it as an elective. All I really want is access to a studio and if they have, the lights. I don't know if that's possible, but if it is that would be sweet.

so i really like pic #2 (best) and #4...not want you to misunderstand my point, but the other ones look like sth. is missing! that special ingredient (if you want to call it like that!) to make the pic interesting and special, so that the viewer want to know more about it and the things that are going on in the pic...most of all pic #2 is telling a little story imo, while the other ones are "just pics"...

hope you get what i´m trying to say?!...still nice work though

(shit, i really need to take out the cam again!)...

Thanks R :)

Honestly, I love getting critique. Of the few I posted 4 was really the only one I truly like. #1 I just threw up to see what people would think, I definitely don't think that's one of the better shots from the day, #3 to me is ok, but I agree, it is missing something same with the last one.