entered a local photo contest with a shot from a series i did last year for my girl's costume portfolio.

dress1.jpg

an experiment with long exposures to create a ghostly effect, while also masking the fact that the designer is also the model.

kenko nd400, d90, nikkor 50mm 1.8, cheap portable tripod, split toning on gimp, available light.

vote begging

Was fortunate enough to be asked to shoot a pro soccer game and I'm pretty sure they want me to continue on shooting so hopefully I can work out a deal where I'm getting payed to shoot the games.

Don't mind the obnoxious watermark!

p483872903-4.jpg

p63653961-4.jpg

p97168288-4.jpg

Lowrider, that fd lens is damn sharp, did you not like the 5d3?

i loved the 5DIII but the decision came down to the fact that with my first born due in 6 days and me probably becoming one of those paranoid, overpacking first time parents, the big DSLR will be left in the closet more often than not. after everything i read about the NEX-7 i figured it was a good enough system for a relative noob like me. so far i'm not disappointed with it.

the lens choices for this camera are insane and i'm probably picking up a 30+ year old Nikkor in the near future. while AF is practical and in many cases essential, i'm getting a kick out of using the focus peaking feature in MF. i guess i'm a sucker for the hard road (i even ditched a car with a dual clutch tranny for a traditional manual).