Koven, congrats! That's insane!!!

I'd use a smaller lens than the 70 - 200. I shot these using my 24 - 70 f2.8L shot @ 70mm using my 1D3. Not sure if the 1D3 focusing system is any better than the 5D2 but should be comparable. You just have to patient and let the shutter fly... I think I shot around 250 - 300 shots to get these 2 below. btw - shoot bumblebees as they're a lot slower flying than worker bees...

Well, the 1D3 definitely has a better focus system than the 5D2 considering it's got like 4x the AF points. Thanks for the tip though, unfortunately any shot that came in focus wasn't sharp enough as I have to send in the 70-200 to be serviced, but I will definitely be trying it more when I get it back since I really want to get a good bee picture. That first one is sick though!

forgot to put up these slides

rap100f, mitaka

7165465275_b250c33917_c.jpg

ektachrome (vs), asakusa

7164607877_36995a1c03_z.jpg

e100vs, shinjuku

7348199658_21ffa3261b_z.jpg

i finally got my c41s developed too; here's one:

(portra 400; meiji jingu)

7162145939_df5a9b1efe_c.jpg

Edited by dacrow

There's one of these at my work, pure sex . It's always hard to get in my e36 after seeing it lol

I hear ya. I got a ride in my instructor's stock Techno Violet e36 M3 for a few laps @ Chuckwalla and was impressed at how capable that car is in the right hands. I would love an e36 sedan 5sp as a track day toy!