Been a while... a lot of my old pics won't show up here also because I did some rescanning.

Anyway, as I was about to leave for Tokyo for a week I decided to make the jump and get a rangefinder with a fast lens. But I can't afford an M7 + Noctilux (and wanted aperture priority), so Voigtlander R2A + Nokton 50mm f1.1 was the way to go. i don't give a shit about labels for camera gear as long as the pictures look good, and my contacts who use this glass have had great results, as good (in my eyes) as those taken with a noctilux (plus it's built like a tank).

I ran a test roll of Fuji superia at an aquarium.

7201268136_97ef975544_c.jpg

7200840454_c64f53ccaa_c.jpg

7201083874_ee9be953e7_c.jpg

oh by the way... i know there was a bit of a discussion previously about rangefinders vs. slrs. just for reference for anyone who's interested: this camera+lens is virtually the same size/weight as my SLR (canon a1+ 50mm f1.2), maybe a little bit sharper due to no mirror vibration, and has crappy 1 meter minimum shooting distance (vs. 0.5 meter on my slr lens). also, not being able to preview depth of field is a little challenging, but focusing and composing are still easy, with the former being a little more accurate.

Edited by dacrow