I envy you all that have time to shoot ! Nice shots on this page ! Jacob , how was your trip?

Awesome! well... with the exception that I ate pepto like it was candy since I just wasn't used to the German food lol. But I'm really happy at how a lot of my shots turned out and I bought a shit ton of food, plus being legal to drink beer was awesome.

Still wondering how can you be 17 and have that much expensive photo gear. I think your shots are ok but still lack any engaging contrast point to be interesting.

To not textpost only :

587994MG1542Modifier.jpg

Edited by Dropt

Still wondering how can you be 17 and have that much expensive photo gear. I think your shots are ok but still lack any engaging contrast point to be interesting.

What TCD said, I work for everything that I own. As far as my shots go, mainly it's just for fun and I'm still trying to improce so any CC or advice you want to give me I will definitely take into account.

I think he lives at home and works saving all his money for photo stuff. I could be wrong though.

100% right, although if I had a choice I wouldn't mind living on my own, but that wont happen until I go off to college.

I do want to ask openly, would it be worth it to minor in photography in college? I don't want to major in it because I can't see myself making as much money off of it as other majors, but I would love to do it on the side and maybe if I get good enough at it, make enough money off of it to do it for a living and quit my real job.

Nice dacrow!

Jacob yes it's be worth it if you ever plan on doing anything with it. If not, then I wouldnt. Also, you'll find doing jobs because they pay well very dull and pointless. At least I did . I started out computer science, then I had to ask myself what's worth more the money or my well being? Photography can pay well in fact. Especially in the commercial world .

I learned from my dad and some books about the basic understanding of aperture, ISO, shutter speed and exposure and from there I began using aperture or shutter priority... It was tougher at first but I'm still shooting like that today and I think it's an effective method... I don't shoot Manual often unless shooting with some lighting setups (which I don't shoot often anyway)

Whats better to learn photography or get better at it.

Shooting pics on auto-settings and learning to use natural light and composition etc. then tweaking the settings

Or learn all the technical side of the camera.

I would say shoot on aperture priority and work on your composition. I mean you can be the greatest technical expert in the world, but if your composition sucks then what's the point?

personally, I learned by starting off on manual. it was a bitch but you get a feel for your camera more and when you need to adjust settings in the future it sticks with you.

edit: damn dacrow. making me want to buy a film camera.

anyway a couple of oldies. I haven't had a working camera for a month. bums me out.

tumblr_m2pdjkNl231rnnzhno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m2phs4XikK1rnnzhno1_1280.jpg

Edited by valdizno