Does anyone have any experience with a Fujifilm x100 ? Pros/cons?

I had one for a bit, I loved everything about it but the AF speed and the general speed of operation on the camera. It takes way too long to write to file and while its writing you cant go into the menus, MF is very slow as well. It really is a beautiful piece of hardware that takes great photos and is extremely easy to huck around though. I kinda miss mine but I'm waiting on my D800 to show up right now.

afc, they don't look very interesting in composition. Maybe try when the sun is about to go down but not quite. I like the clouds in the first shot. :) google something like elements of art or elements of photography to learn about composition, line direction, and so forth. I hope this helps!

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

6821958844_7fc24eb800.jpg

6968091501_c98156e020.jpg

6968081609_2b76e96ed4.jpg

a few things i recently did

www.flickr.com/photos/leoseyers/

What do you have now?

40D, I just actually sent payment for my 5Dc and listed my 40D for sale. Can't wait to try it out with the nifty-fifty! The two pictures you posted at the top of this page has got me excited!

Edit: Meant that your pictures with the 5Dc got me excited, not the combo with the 50mm.

Edited by tredd626

40D, I just actually sent payment for my 5Dc and listed my 40D for sale. Can't wait to try it out with the nifty-fifty! The two pictures you posted at the top of this page has got me excited!

You mean me? lol, FF + 50 = perfection. I was able to get out this weekend with a friends sigma 50 1.4 and go to the city to use it. Will be picking up in the next few weeks hopefully.

6974448851_8a7d04caa4_b.jpg

Bro Status (or a hipster) by Jacob Skoglund, on Flickr

6831755298_1053dc2a9a_z.jpg

Telephone by Jacob Skoglund, on Flickr

damn, a payphone? I didn't know any were still in use these days.

tredd, I have a friend with a 40d that can get some really nice photos with his L glass he has on it. If you're referring to my wood + trash cans those weren't with a 50mm that was a 15mm fisheye, if you're referring to Jacob then it was an 85 right? I'm with Jacob 50 is great on FF.

Jacob, so did the lens do okay in terms of sharpness?

tredd, I have a friend with a 40d that can get some really nice photos with his L glass he has on it. If you're referring to my wood + trash cans those weren't with a 50mm that was a 15mm fisheye, if you're referring to Jacob then it was an 85 right? I'm with Jacob 50 is great on FF.

Woops, I worded it incorrectly. I meant your pictures with the 5Dc got me excited, not the 5Dc+50mm combo.

I didn't either until l I saw someone using it lol.

And the 50 handled well, my 85 was having focusing issues so I basically only used the 50 all day and I love it. As much as I did love the sigma I'm now debating whether or not I should buy another 50L cause I've been looming at those photos vs. The sigmas photos and I'm leaning towards the 50l. The contrast is Mich better with the 50L. I don't know, I just want to get the lens before I leave for Germany in April.

Well the sigma is a bargain, but ultimately it's how much are you willing to spend. For me, it was either this lens or the 24-105...which is going to be my next lens.

tredd, I can't wait to see pictures with the new camera!

6832028568_30dd0ae95b_o.jpg

Edited by TheCreativeD00m