Anyone into street photography here? How do you guys usually approach subjects?

I believe that streetphotography is all about technique.. I recently met this guy who took a photo of me without me noticing. He was using a leica m10 with 35mm. Eventually i saw him in action taking street photography of other people and he didn't actually use the viewfinder.. He just snapped without looking. Pretty cool. His work can be found here

rainy night

b/w 135s are tx400 pushed to 1600

color 120s are fuji 400h

6760009621_4c73e46ed1_z.jpg

6760029015_cf2a2a326c_z.jpg

6761935781_98477bce6b_z.jpg

6759927229_bbdb107e86_z.jpg

6766819959_64b60f7146_z.jpg

On the topic of street photography- http://www.flickr.com/photos/maddoc2003jp" my favorite- shoots mostly leica m4 w/ a noctilux (not wide open mostly I think.. and as was mentioned before by zeen, probably a lot of good street shots are taken from the hip. I have seen people use waist-level finders on tlrs or mf slrs so it similarly is not as obvious that the photo is being taken.

also a lot of fast film (delta 3200, tx400 @ 1600, etc. ) helps. not much experience myself, but I have found that as was also said before, a fast (f0.95-f1.4) prime lens (50/55s) are fastest in general, but with exceptions) and film (or ISO setting if digital- 400 ASA +) is best (really depends how much money you wanna spend lol, since that noctilux f/0.95 is 10-15k)

also there's that old photojournalist mantra "f/8 and be there." with a ridiculously fast setup, you can get away with a small aperture so that it's even easier to shoot w/o the viewfinder (or at the spur of the moment)

Edited by dacrow

question, if I have a photo open to the public and someone puts it on their blog without my permission can they do this? I mean I'm impressed it got like over 2k reblogs and subreblogs, etc... but just wondering if they have a right to do it.

question, if I have a photo open to the public and someone puts it on their blog without my permission can they do this? I mean I'm impressed it got like over 2k reblogs and subreblogs, etc... but just wondering if they have a right to do it.

going weith joelz on this one...what up with sharing the pic you´re talking about? :)

what picture?

and this fucking newspaper did the same shit.. stole MY picture without my approval or consent no credit whatsoever given to me.

Yeah thats my picture I took. I'm emailing them and if they don't give me credit I think I'm either going to force them to take it down or take legal action if I can. Luckily there's a lawyer in the family.

http://www.liherald.com/stories/top-ranking-and-missionary-work-in-rockville-centre,38485?content_source&category_id&search_filter=tennis&event_mode&event_ts_from&list_type&order_by&order_sort&content_class&sub_type&town_id&fb_source=message

Is there a way to check if anyone has linked your pictures from flickr elseware? Other than just googling URLs.

You can try using Google Images, Tineye, etc. and see if your photo pops up on more sites than your aware of. It's not the greatest by any means, but I think that's the only option where you'll really find anything worth noting.

what picture?

and this fucking newspaper did the same shit.. stole MY picture without my approval or consent no credit whatsoever given to me.

Yeah thats my picture I took. I'm emailing them and if they don't give me credit I think I'm either going to force them to take it down or take legal action if I can. Luckily there's a lawyer in the family.

http://www.liherald...._source=message

who's happy rees? looks like they gave permission for the photo to be used.

who's happy rees? looks like they gave permission for the photo to be used.

Yup, turns out the pparents gave it to the paper off her facebook. I emailed them and they gave me the credit I deserve.

http://www.liherald.com/stories/Emily-Rees-is-ranked-first,38485?content_source=&category_id=&search_filter=emily+rees&event_mode=&event_ts_from=&list_type=&order_by=&order_sort=&content_class=&sub_type=&town_id=