Can anyone give me a good reason to switch from Flickr's pro membership to 500px's pro membership? its twice the price, but I'm not sure if its worth it. and i already have a flickr account..

Can anyone give me a good reason to switch from Flickr's pro membership to 500px's pro membership? its twice the price, but I'm not sure if its worth it. and i already have a flickr account..

Well if it helps I have a flickr pro account but am also going to buy a 500px pro account. For the money it's fairly cheap considering how if you build your own website to showcase your portfolio a simple graphic design (this is if you don't know how to construct a theme) can cost around $250 easily if not a hell of a lot more.

500px is definitely better than flickr in the sense that you have a portfolio. You don't even need a pro account to build a portfolio but you can get your own domain, extensions on the amount of webpages connecting to the portfolio, etc. Also unlike flickr there is a rating system which helps get your images more known. To be quite honest actually 500px is probably just better since there is also a good selection of amazing images. I mean if you are only joining to create a portfolio there are other sites as well like smugmug or zenfolio.

I have a flickr pro acct. I tried 500px and didn't like the layout at all, the lack of groups, etc. If i want to show my work to someone I just link them my tumblr, or flickr and it's always worked for me. 500px does have some awesome photogs though.

Upgraded to flickr pro......not by choice, my pics were adding up. Never really planned on upgrading since my pictures stop making on explore. Plus I think tumblr is a better way to show your photos. Im just using flickr as a photo dump now.

Here are some I just uploaded, some may have been posted before but I deleted them and re uploaded them.

http://mrelllis.tumblr.com/

6640042869_1fb392cddc_b.jpg

Walking to the future by MrEllis, on Flickr

6640030021_8a11feb267_b.jpg

mark0 by MrEllis, on Flickr

6640029321_d439d3e7eb_b.jpg

occupy toronto by MrEllis, on Flickr

6640022461_152fbd883b_b.jpg

smoke by MrEllis, on Flickr

6640014977_b4f0dd037a_b.jpg

amanda by MrEllis, on Flickr

6639999381_e330f09c0e_b.jpg

29 by MrEllis, on Flickr

6639993299_2aef2393b3_b.jpg

Tobias Rampage by MrEllis, on Flickr

6639993299_2aef2393b3_b.jpg

Tobias Rampage by MrEllis, on Flickr

6639991113_c7ef2b7f43_b.jpg

19 by MrEllis, on Flickr

6639985207_c29c7f440b_b.jpg

inez by MrEllis, on Flickr

koven sorry there isnt enough out of focus/over exposed hipsters and entry level fixies in this shot..

Shut up! I neg your posts because you neg mine. I thought we had an understanding, a kind of immature mutual hate that stays quiet and below the surface, no need to cry in public. As for my pictures, I know they aren't that good but the more I shoot and the more I post the better I get. Maybe one day ill be as good as you, but im having fun a long the way.