tredd, smiggins - real nice. Fab, your portraits are really good! What are you using for lighting? Fadetoblack - that alleyway shot is sweet. Roey - hair-thin precise dof! What lens are you using?

Just farting around cuz I haven't been out much this week....

389e1894.jpg

F2B one of my favorites by you

Thanks Riff, I use two speed lights..one was shot through an umbrella(above left) the other through a small beauty dish. (above straight ahead sort of bounced above us.)

Riff, what is that in the background a dandelion? That thing is ridiculously big! Cool shot.

Thinn..i feel the 1st picture (keep in mind it's all subjective so this is just my personal tastes) could have used a gradient layer of whatever processing you used so the bottom keeps some of the highlights. I really like the darkness of the clouds though. The 2nd shot is awesome...it looks like an exposure layer was used w/ a gradient map then masked a little? cool effect and of course it's star wars so it's awesome no matter what ;)

Lax I love your vivid colors! The wide screen effect of the two black bars def. add drama to the photo

ruey, like Riff said..excellent DoF!

Cheers Fab! When we first saw it - same impression - holy fuck that's a big dandelion! But it's some kind of seed pod, about the size of a baseball:

ad5f108d.jpg

In the first pic, my daughter is holding one of the seeds - amazing filigree-ish detail!

Finn - I too would have liked to see more detail on the first. And is the second a B&W HDR? :)

thin precise dof! What lens are you using?

if this is adressed to me, i have to say that i`m STILL using the kit-lense :)

Thinn..i feel the 1st picture (keep in mind it's all subjective so this is just my personal tastes) could have used a gradient layer of whatever processing you used so the bottom keeps some of the highlights. I really like the darkness of the clouds though. The 2nd shot is awesome...it looks like an exposure layer was used w/ a gradient map then masked a little? cool effect and of course it's star wars so it's awesome no matter what ;)
Finn - I too would have liked to see more detail on the first. And is the second a B&W HDR? :)

thanks for the honest feedback (that`s what actually helps to step up your game in shooting and editing, so the more the better imo!)

yeah, now i see what you`re talking about. have to check the original pic but IIRC then the shot itself wasn`t the best, when we`re talking about quality and sharpness, so the details would have been blurred no matter what :)...

and the 2nd shot was actually just one i took for fun and would have never posted. was bored yesterday and started to edit some shots that i wasn`t quiet happy with...so this is the result of this one.

I think it is pretty good thinnfinn! It could look a little more HDRish towards the middle but if you made it anymore the right side would look a bit too HDR.

Btw, how many exposures did you use and what did you use to edit?

Ironically I also made an HDR b&w photo, but ill post that later.

I think it is pretty good thinnfinn! It could look a little more HDRish towards the middle but if you made it anymore the right side would look a bit too HDR.

this...

Btw, how many exposures did you use and what did you use to edit?

Ironically I also made an HDR b&w photo, but ill post that later.

have to check when i`m at home, sry...using PS to edit my pics...

thinn, I like the picture overall. I'm not to crazy about the halos..the clouds could have been brought out to make more 3d, and the right side could have been dodged a bit. Other than that it's pretty excellent. Was this shot in broad daylight?