Ive been thinking about getting a nikon pancake lense for my d60 (dunno if pancake is the right term here, but the lenses that dont zoom) I noticed that the 35mm 1.8 is so expensive now, from the Japan tsunami situation, and I really would rather not spend that much, so been thinking of getting the 55mm. Does anyone have both of those? Which one is better. I'm stuck. Also dunno if this is the right place to post this. Thanks

Ive been thinking about getting a nikon pancake lense for my d60 (dunno if pancake is the right term here, but the lenses that dont zoom) I noticed that the 35mm 1.8 is so expensive now, from the Japan tsunami situation, and I really would rather not spend that much, so been thinking of getting the 55mm. Does anyone have both of those? Which one is better. I'm stuck. Also dunno if this is the right place to post this. Thanks

uh. those kind of lenses are called prime lens. yeah the 35 1.8 gotten ridiculously high. the 50mm 1.8 has just been announced. you should wait for it and get it once its in stock cause its going to get sold out quick.

heres a link about all the updated info about nikon

http://nikonrumors.com/

I have the 35mm, it's really sharp and serves most of my needs. I'm using it this Sunday to take something like 1k portraits.

if you're using a 1.5x crop sensor the 35mm would be my choice. 50mm isn't the same on a crop. it's more like a 70mm on full frame and not as versatile. 35mm on 1.5x is basically the same as 50mm on full frame.

So I decided to buy the 35mm Nikor lens for now while the 50mm isn't out yet. (I have a D60, so I need the AF thing) I noticed 35mm is SO EXPENSIVE NOW. like 2x whatit used to be or so. Is it worth it to get that lense for 300+? (amazon)

What 50mm are you talking about that isnt out yet? I have the 50g and I love it.

Anyways I would skip on the 35mm 1.8 and go for the Sigma 30mm 1.4. Its the GOAT lens on a crop sensor.

What 50mm are you talking about that isnt out yet? I have the 50g and I love it.

Anyways I would skip on the 35mm 1.8 and go for the Sigma 30mm 1.4. Its the GOAT lens on a crop sensor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1AYAC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=nikorumo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004Y1AYAC

news about it was released today