Carl-

I'm actually meeting with my roomate tonight to do a wide edit of the Alaska contacts. I spent sunday afternoon banging through 80 rolls worth of stuff, and it looks good. Alot of it is pretty minimal type stuff ala Steven Shore and Alec Soth, or people working currently like Lisa kerezi, Darrin Mickey, etc...which is a school that some are calling "new docugraphics" (Read this for more on that and film's "demise" http://artnews.com/issues/article.asp?art_id=2003)

It was an amazing trip and I'd like to put together a couple solid portfolios for possible grant proposals and whatnot. I prolly wont have anything scanned and on the web for awhile, cause I usually do my portfolio prints first, but we'll see.

By the way...your stuff is lookin real good. It's about time you bought yourself a domain name and got shit crackin man. How are the newspapers treating you? I know mad interns who get treated like shit and I'm hoping youve had some solid bosses/mentors. Regardless...keep the hustle up.

RBW - Great read on that article. That articulated alot of things that i have been thinking about recently.

As far as how im being treated ive got no complaints. The staff here in Napa is awesome. The photo editor is kinda blah but shes really nice so that helps. And about being treated poorly at an internship? I think that only comes when you dont act like a staff photographer. If you're fucking up, shooting poorly, not getting good caption information, and just generally needing your hand held alot then i can see where problems would arise.

Any ideas on a good photoblog domain place that i can register with?

KFC - Nelson Hancock by a country mile. The other ladies shit did nothing for me while Hancocks really impressed me.

On wedding photography, I always associated it with lowest common denominator, mall-portrait photography. Wedding photographers are stepping it up though! Or good photographers are taking wedding photos, I guess.

I was looking at some places with my gf, and I thought this one, Michelle Frankfurter, was fantastic. Didn't appeal to the gf, which is probably just as well--looks pricy.

Carl www.flickr.com is quite good, you can host 200 photos and have 3 sections free of charge, if you want anything more than that you have to pay a sub, which isn't a lot really.

However if you have some webspace and some basic website knowledge I'd recommend www.pixelpost.org which is what I use for my own photoblog. They have a step to step guide so you shouldn't really get lost in the process.

Google just released an online picassa that is really awesome IMO. there's limit is 250 mb for hosting (upgrade for unlimited hosting is really cheap), it only resize the pics to 1600 X 1200 so if you want to let others download your pictures, the quality is alright and well, it's made by google.

I like the washed out look; but among that set I don't see one perfectly composed photo. No sense of balance or movement throughout the picture (even though the man is looking down at the little girl, there is too much dead space on the outside of the photo and the crooked angle is distracting). Also there are no clear subjects in the dance photos.

I like the washed out look; but among that set I don't see one perfectly composed photo. No sense of balance or movement throughout the picture (even though the man is looking down at the little girl, there is too much dead space on the outside of the photo and the crooked angle is distracting). Also there are no clear subjects in the dance photos.

Overexposure is something to use at times, but in a portrait like that id rather not have the sun burning a hole through his forehead. But thats just my opinion

And yeah, its a little tough to make perfectly composed photos when you arnt setting up your pictures and you only have a split second to take them. Daily work is a bitch my man.