question, what do you guys use to scan your film images on the computer? I'd love to scan some of my film images, but i'd rather find out how to do it well..(i've tried a scanner..rather cheap one and I got expected marginal results.)

^ I use my uni's Epson v700 flatbed scanner. has dedicated film scanning software and film neg holders for scanning. i think that's one of the higher end models though. you can get one of the lower end models (like v200, v500) which i assume produce comparable/similar results.

there's no need to get one of those pro scanning setups. a decent flatbed scanner with film neg scanning capability is good enough for most purposes.

Are you scanning MF or 35mm? For web purposes, any decent flatbed, such as the v700 will be good enough. You can make small prints from this as well. If you want to make big prints/want hi-res scans for retouching etc, you'll probably want to go to an Imacon Flextight scan. I just got some 35mm Kodachrome slides from my moms childhood scanned on the Imacon at work. Files are 16x24". Don't forget they'll have to be color corrected etc. The Epson software isn't bad to do some levelling, but especially for color work, Photoshop is crucial to getting the colors just right.

thanks for the info, I was wanting something that could scan my 35mm and 120 film. Also I wanted to make prints from my nikon(dslr) for my portfolio/projects/work with no more than an 8x10. Right now I'm just using printing services online and locally, so it'd be nice to be able to cut cost a bit and do it myself. The scanning would be nice because i have alot of film..and tons of old slides I'd love to make digital. If there's a good all in one that'd be perfect.