First time developing film by myself...was in a rush, didn't give time for the negatives to dry so they (and the prints) are fucked; can't really see in the scans but there are subtle blotches all over them from putting in plastic right away. Need to book the dark room for a longer period next time...

CCF02082011_00000.jpg

CCF02082011_00001.jpg

CCF02082011_00002.jpg

First time developing film by myself...was in a rush, didn't give time for the negatives to dry so they (and the prints) are fucked; can't really see in the scans but there are subtle blotches all over them from putting in plastic right away. Need to book the dark room for a longer period next time...

looks like a decent first attempt there fade, i can't see any enormous watermarks on the scans which always was a problem when i first started (still is sometimes).

out of interest, what developer-film combo did you use? and what speed did you meter your shots at?

thanks for the words of encouragement...shot another roll today which (if all goes well) includes some stuff i was quite pleased with, going to develop it tomorrow and hope for a better go this time.

i have been shooting tri-x 400, using t-max developer. set the camera ISO at 3200, so 3-step push in developing (9.5 minutes). Have just been borrowing an old Nikon FM2 w/ normal 50mm lens from the uni; the shot of the street corner on previous page was an Ilford 3200 delta but only shot with a Contax point and shoot that doesn't allow you to adjust anything other than aperture, and was developed at a lab.