No I haven't, but the build I'm using is based off of the Plungercam 2 one mentioned in that link. Good link though, thanks. Although my issue is with purchasing a lens, not with the actual build.

tiltshift is a big gimmick, i would probably just forget about it

I agree, but for <50 I would be willing to experiment for fun, cheaper than most lenses anyway.

that's a pretty broad statement...id say it depends how you're using it..I use it for architectural exteriors (not those cheapo lenses obviously) but it's definitely not a gimmick in that sense.

^how so? 10char

tilt-shift lenses are used for commercial macro product photography and there are plenty more creative uses for them other than making 'miniature' photos. it's just super played out and every time i see one of those now i just think 'meh'. it's getting that way with colored screen tints and lens flare. just trends that come and go. for a while everyone was putting a fake negative carrier border around their shots. now, not so much.

I use a T/S 75mm for architechtural work, and some fashion work too.

Rob060: I hate the color layer thing too, mostly because it's basically faking film, but badly.

you're an idiot.

so 4x5 tiltshifted is a gimmick?

2344005056_ba86119a4a.jpg

in the case of this photo, yes. it's a perfect example of it used in a gimmicky way as if to say 'look, i can tilt shift but i don't know what else to do with it. hey i'll just focus on my bald head. ooh look at how out of focus it gets near the bottom. i'm so badass at photography.'

there are much better examples of it used creatively.

the main reason viewcameras are still used is for the built-in perspective correction and being able to have a wide open aperture and control the focal plane so the depth of field is larger.

tilt-shift lenses are used for commercial macro product photography and there are plenty more creative uses for them other than making 'miniature' photos. it's just super played out and every time i see one of those now i just think 'meh'. it's getting that way with colored screen tints and lens flare. just trends that come and go. for a while everyone was putting a fake negative carrier border around their shots. now, not so much.

right on, just trying to see what exactly was meant by "gimicky." thanks for the input rob.

got my photos up and for sale in a new spot. strangely enough, it's a business owned and operated by the children/family of the late don snyder, who ironically died just after i had started talking with them about putting my work there. look him up.

one of his. that's timothy leary

AqOdyss_LearyHorse.jpg

loolz^^^^^

This kind of post is of no use to anyone. If you are amused by the photograph posted, then say what it is you find so entertaining. If you are not able to find the words to adequately express yourself then perhaps turn to a friend for help. Or seek higher learning. Alternately, if you have nothing to say, then say nothing.

Cheers.

PS: that goes for anyone, not just our nostalgic friend.

nostalgic do you think because you shoot with a mamiya and leica it sets you above anyone else automatically? your work doesn't really strike me as spectacular...your third photo looks like you accidentally fired the camera when walking into a room..is there something interesting that I'm missing?