I'm hesitant to post this here but I might as well. Here is a project we did for my first hour photojournalism class. It may not be the best, I have found some typos and the photos could be better, but considering most of us on this project don't have much experience, I'm pretty happy with it, especially for a first level high school class.

http://ehsyoungpoliticians.carbonmade.com/

so i'm down to my final decision for my canon t1i and its either a...

ef 17-40mm f4 L and the 50mm f1.4

or the ef-s 17-55mm f2.8 IS

any thoughts?? each setup is going to run me about the same money, i'm just wondering (since i'm still shooting on a kit lens and don't know much in terms of results) whether there is any benefit to going with the first setup...i like the idea of having an L lens for longevity, and then a really fast prime for portraits / indoor stuff, so i'm leaning towards this...

IMG_0040-copy2.jpg

any thoughts?? each setup is going to run me about the same money, i'm just wondering (since i'm still shooting on a kit lens and don't know much in terms of results) whether there is any benefit to going with the first setup...i like the idea of having an L lens for longevity, and then a really fast prime for portraits / indoor stuff, so i'm leaning towards this...

Hmm, I shoot with a similar setup on FF except have a 50 1.4 and it works great. Are you a more wide angle shooter? If so I'd suggest the the Canon 10-22 or Sigma 12-24 with the 50 1.8. That way you have a nice ultra wide lens and the 50 to back you up for situations where you want a tighter crop. If you hate wide angle shit, ignore my advice. Either way, buying a Canon 10-22 (above shot at 12mm on a Canon 350D) will have good re-sale in the future if you decide to upgrade to a FF body.

I had the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 but ended up selling.

Optically very good, didn't suck up dust as many have mentioned but the downside was how massive it was. Not something you can bring with you everyday. I don't mind heavy things but it takes up a lot of room in your bag.

No question.....17-55.

Havent posted in a while. Some scans of prints i've made. My scanner is shitty, and dusty. but the prints look mostly fine.

4629993786_c5107f8a5c.jpg

4587532508_0359d6462f.jpg

4587531610_ee7060d58d.jpg

4586905739_13bfe0ab90.jpg