SuperSoda - Appreciation of all things carbonated

JL77

Tried the Jarritos Mexican Cola today. It's alright, definitely has a certain Jarritos "taste". If it weren't for the real sugar, I'd choose corn syrup Coke or Pepsi over it. Luckily, I still have a couple 2 liters of Passover Coke from last year to tide my cola kick over till this year's.

Speaking of Mexican sodas, anyone know where I can find me a case of Mexican Fresca? Local LA area, online, or proxy would all be best. It's honestly in the top three sodas I've ever had and tastes nothing like the US version (in the best way).

some cool vintage pop caps (the kind with cork) I found recently :

http://ouvriershop.blogspot.com/2011/01/finds.html

Also, don't know if it fits here but couldn't think of a better place to ask. Anyone remember, know where I can find 'Chocolate Soldier'? It was similar to Yoohoo! only a little different, and the packaging is/was cooler. I used to drink it when I got donuts but the places around here don't carry it.

thanks!

Where are you located? I thinkk you can find them at select Dollar General stores, but they're getting rarer.

And you can also try contacting DPSU, since they own the brand, and try to request retailers that still stock the product, though it may be a stretch.

5385840263_ff27682225.jpg

Blue Sky Jamaican Ginger Ale

5385841077_4b76a28d26.jpg

Mountain Dew "throwback"

sorry for poor quality iphone pics

have a Cock n Bull ginger beer, Dr. Browns celery flavored soda, and a couple random root beers

root beer is to stout as ginger beer is to IPAs

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand the mass mexican coke following that exists.

I've only had it once. Reminded me of "Throwback Pepsi", and that's not a good thing.

Current soda's I'm drinking are 125th Anniversary Dr. Pepper, and Cheerwine.

• 3 weeks later...

Some Chicago/ Midwest region favorites

Must tries for any soda lover traveling through ( especially Green River!)

5486612269_4710b1bf47_z.jpg

Sprechers Cream Soda/ Cherry Cola (best of the 3)/ some Rootbeer mixed in

5486612995_3e8d3f7e23_z.jpg

Green River

...Sprechers Cream Soda/ Cherry Cola (best of the 3)/ some Rootbeer mixed in[...

Sprechers rules pretty hard.

If I'm going for rootbeer its usually Virgil's or Abita, but if I see a pack of Sprechers I'll usually grab it anyway.

Im a huge fan of cream soda, whenever I see a new brand I try it...

Anyone have a recommendation of a great one? I guess you can't really mess up cream soda, or stray too far from what a cream soda should be (except jones, cant stand jones cream soda), but I'm sure you soda fiends can point me to something special.

I honestly don't drink soda ever anymore (except for ginger beer with whiskey/dark n stormy on occasion), but I have badass childhood memories of Dr. Brown's cream sodas.

All the Dr. Browns sodas, actually.

I assume they've been discussed in this thread at some point, but maybe not.

I honestly don't drink soda ever anymore (except for ginger beer with whiskey/dark n stormy on occasion), but I have badass childhood memories of Dr. Brown's cream sodas.

All the Dr. Browns sodas, actually.

I assume they've been discussed in this thread at some point, but maybe not.

Same here. I'll get a diet coke when I have fast food or a slice of pizza on the go (1-3 times a month?) or maybe a Dr Brown black cherry if I hit up Katz's, but that's really it. Water, coffee and booze.

I've never mixed ginger beer with whiskey but that shit is happening ASAP.

Johan got me a Manhattan Special from BevMo last year and i couldn't believe how amazing it was. Seriously the best soda-like drink i've had in years.