SuperSoda - Appreciation of all things carbonated

JL77

I'm addicted to soda and wanted to start a thread for all the soda lovers on Sufu.

Discuss, post pictures, recommend bottlers, brewers and soda shops etc.

Not really trying to clutter this space with your everyday Pepsi's and Sprite's, although I do love a cane sugar Coke from Mexico.

I've been drinking Dad's Root Beer since I was a kid. It's nice to see that it can still be found and it's still made with about 8 simple ingredients. This was the first time I had it in at least 10 years, and it didn't quite live up to memories as most things don't. There are a few much better root beers that I'll post later on.

IMG_0841.jpg

Sprecher Ginger Ale - Sprecher is a pretty good beer and soda brewer from Wisconsin, but unfortunately they use high fructose corn syrup in their soda's. I've had their Cherry Cola, Root Beer and this Ginger Ale. It isn't as spicy as other ginger ale's that I've had recently that have quite a burn and can be a bit unpleasant to drink. Starts off a lot like your typical Canada Dry's etc with a slight kick at the finish.

IMG_0804.jpg

This one's a bit weird, Plantation Style Mint Julep. Drinking anything minty always takes a bit of getting used to, since most mint things aren't swallowed (gum, toothpaste). It's sort of like a non-alcoholic mojito.

IMG_0808.jpg

More good stuff to come...

Good work, this thread was a long time in the making.

Sonny, where you at?

Sidral Mundet is my jam. Any of your soda freaks, if you have't tried this you should seek it out asap. It's the perfect apple soda.

I love all drinks pretty much, but Cherrywine is not great at all.

I REALLY love my root beer, though. I think of myself as a connoisseur. My faves are:

-Americana

-Stewart's

-Sioux City

Natural Brew makes a really unique one that I don't really qualify as normal root beer, but it also tastes amazing (just don't go for their cream soda).

Dad's & Barq's are my favorite commercial brands as many of the others I find much too sweet/syrupy. I wish Hire's was still around, that shit was bomb too.

Jyeahhh, glad this thread is taking off.

from when i played Edward 32 hands

4689279581_62b4f0960d.jpg

Sonny, that Berghoff root beer is REALLY good, one of the best I've had.

I love all drinks pretty much, but Cherrywine is not great at all.

I REALLY love my root beer, though. I think of myself as a connoisseur. My faves are:

-Americana

-Stewart's

-Sioux City

Solix - Sioux City is one of my favorites as well, really like their Sarsaparilla. Orca is the bottling and distro company of Sioux City and Americana, as well as Dad's, Nesbitt's, Bulldog, Bubble Up, to name a few. So two of your favorites come from the same place.

A few quick snaps from my phone:

A few people have mentioned Galco's. This place was a soda lovers dream. I was literally a kid in a candy store, with an unlimited tab. Here's a vimeo link to that video that someone poster earlier: http://vimeo.com/6368439

IMG00011-20100507-1338.jpg

A fridge shot of some of my plunder. Virgil's Root Beer Keg and a super spicy ginger beer from Jamaica's Finest. Haven't cracked open the Mr. Q-Cumber or the Espresso Coffee soda yet.

IMG00014-20100508-1531.jpg

There aren't too many batch-brewed, cane sugar cola's out there, but this is a good one.

IMG00013-20100507-1409.jpg

also I dream of trying some sugarcane dr. pepper

Are you talking about the Mexican-made ones? I've had both Dr. Pepper and Fanta in the pure cane sugar, Mexican-produced versions and it really is pretty great. Never had anything as exclusive as some of the stuff posted here though :/

Are you talking about the Mexican-made ones? I've had both Dr. Pepper and Fanta in the pure cane sugar, Mexican-produced versions and it really is pretty great. Never had anything as exclusive as some of the stuff posted here though :/

cane sugar dr. pepper is also made in Dublin, Texas

i thought Galco's was only soda, that entire isle you took a photo of is only beer and hard cider.

i thought Galco's was only soda, that entire isle you took a photo of is only beer and hard cider.

Nope, they have two aisles dedicated to liquor. They also have a pretty decent candy selection. It's where I get my big league chew from.

A few things from a recent trip to Tokyo.

"Tea Soda Mango" from Muji. This thing was delicious and refreshing in the heat. I went back for more.

IMG00023-20100518-1037.jpg

Wilkinson Dry Ginger Ale. Especially liked the large grooves in the bottle, I wanted to take it home, but it would've made little sense to carry around an empty glass bottle with me all night.

IMG00025-20100518-2031.jpg

Nope, they have two aisles dedicated to liquor. They also have a pretty decent candy selection. It's where I get my big league chew from.

You don't have 99c Stores around? I usually get like $20 of big league chew at a time.

You don't have 99c Stores around? I usually get like $20 of big league chew at a time.

Yeah, there are tons around me. I just picked up BLC as an after thought when I was at Galco's.