When Suzy Met Jil

schmoses

years ago miuccia prada decried the death of thought and the absence of reading. although we do adore our imagery here, let us not forget some of the great minds that push us forward. although our hedi's and helmut's and plokhov's and lee's may not be around in the specifically desired medium, we do still have jil. hers is a rapier sharp focus which, when paired with suzy menkes' similarly potent pen well, attention must be paid. this article really got the tear ducts opening yesterday. perhaps it will affect others in a positive fashion...no pun intended.

www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/fashion/07stylesqna.html?ref=fashion

For some reason when I read the title of this thread I thought Sistersuzie had met Jil Sander or something. And no idea what you are talking about either, but Hedi is rather played out as a photographer. The man should get back to designing and sending a blazer my way.

umm, an explanation of what happened to Jil and a skirt-around why she didn't designed clothing for 3-4 years.

I personally haven't seen anything from the J+ collection, but I think Prada has kept pretty well to the Jil aesthetics in her namesake label w/o her and she's still pissed it survived after she left