Sign in to follow this  
Vinneus

Apple iPhone 4

I cannot watch even tv shows on my iphone. just not enjoyable to me. I have the 8GB and I could fill it with music if I wanted, but I have an iPod too.

Though copping a bigger gig model would let me get rid of the iPod.

Nah, it's not a mini iPad. The iPad is a 600% iPhone. Bearbrick concept.

And according to the keynote yesterday: anybody who's contract expires ANYTIME in 2010 is eligible for this thing when it drops.

Guest on-display

if i opt for a family plan could i get two iphone 4's for the new agreement price?

quick comparison of the Iphone4 / droid incredible / evo 4g / google nexus one

500x_iphone_4_vs_android_tech_specs.jpg

"adobe flash > never"

yea. not buying this garbage. i sold my iphone 3g, uninstalled itunes, and I'm never looking back!

with youtube in html5 I very rarely encounter flash in my regular internetting on my computer let alone my phone.

royale, call *639# and it'll tell you you eligibility. For me it said I could upgrade for $18 (plus the phone price obviously) if I renew the contract for 2 years.

thanks bro, i got "as a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee"

i forgot to even look, is the 4th gen also 8GB and 16GB? or 16 and 32?

thanks bro, i got "as a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee"

i forgot to even look, is the 4th gen also 8GB and 16GB? or 16 and 32?

16GB and 32 GB

what's the battery life gonna be like? i like my 3g(s) and all but the short battery life can be fucking annoying.

turn down the brightness and it lasts 4x as long

i will wait a couple of months.

if i cop as soon as it comes out i will fucking want to kill myself when "iPhone 4S" or some bullshit comes out in 2 months. i learned my mistakes from previous Apple purchases.

i will wait a couple of months.

if i cop as soon as it comes out i will fucking want to kill myself when "iPhone 4S" or some bullshit comes out in 2 months. i learned my mistakes from previous Apple purchases.

Don't scare me like that

^^^^ i dont think a new one is gunna come by that fast? i think it was like a 6 monthish difference but i cant remember oh well i lived without a 3gs so i guess ill live without a 4(s) lol

iPhones are now slated to be announced annually at WWDC in June so you're in the clear.

quick comparison of the Iphone4 / droid incredible / evo 4g / google nexus one

500x_iphone_4_vs_android_tech_specs.jpg

incredible website says up to 16gb microSD

Front mount camera for video calling is the only thing that has me jealous. Though, I had a samsung phone 5 years ago with a camera that swiveled just so you could have a front mount as well as back... now tell me Apple didn't know this was possible and just came up with it.

I like apple products as much as the next person, but they string people along with new features (old technology) in products that should have been there in the first place.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/06/10-things-android-does-better-than-iphone-os/

1 and 10 may now be irrelevant now but I'm still in favor of the droid

Girlfriend has 3gs, I have the incredible.

She's jealous.

i'm sure apple knew it was possible, it's been around in phones in other parts of the world for quite awhile, the issue is AT&T's network being able to support it, which they're clearly not ready for, hence wi-fi only

now tell me Apple didn't know this was possible and just came up with it.

I like apple products as much as the next person, but they string people along with new features (old technology) in products that should have been there in the first place.

Clearly there is a division between Android and iPhone users — they value different things. Apple doesn't seem to be interested in making their phone more Android like any time in the near future. They're content on creating improvements to their current iOS to make it feel better when held, have a better screen, or even just improved battery life.

As far as new features with old technology, a lot of Apple's approach as been to implement the features in a way that fits in with the OS feel and fluidity. If it hasn't been done right yet, they've opted to wait until they could figure it out. Should it have been there in the first place? Yes. It's just a difference in approach.

Oh, and the commercials are exactly what they are; they convey an emotional point of view and hammer home the implementation of a feature they're introducing in their phone. Chances are it's going to be more effective at getting people to jump on mobile video chatting than any previous implementation of it (by virtue of Apple's reach in exposure / advertising / hype / and maybe a little bit due to the implementation or ease of use for video calling).

I really wanted to get this phone, but AT&T has just gotten crappier over the 3 years i've had them. For that reason, I dropped them and switched to Verizon and got the new BB Bold 9650. I now get service in places where I never even bothered to look for service with AT&T because I knew it would never happens. So much happier. With every new iPhone, AT&T's network gets worse. Sucks.

i feel there network is geting better and better, odd. do you use a shoulder bag to carry that BB Bold, kinda bulky. ;)

Agreed that it's a bit concerning about the glass issue. I do wonder whether these "bumper" cases will have any effect on the glass considering the point in that article about the previous glass being recessed with a bezel. Seems like the bumper cases do something similar.

I guess we'll see.

Agreed that it's a bit concerning about the glass issue. I do wonder whether these "bumper" cases will have any effect on the glass considering the point in that article about the previous glass being recessed with a bezel. Seems like the bumper cases do something similar.

I guess we'll see.

It looks like " THE GLASS IS THE SAME STUFF THEY USE ON HELICOPTER WINDOWS!!" is another example of Stevie boy's hyperbole

why did they make the white one look so ugly?

Gonna have to cop my first black iphone

white one reminds me too much of an HTC....looks cheap almost

i was having a helluva time trying to reserve my iphone but i ended up doing it through the apple store app w/o problems

I ordered for all lines on my family plan today... it looks like my last order went through just in time too... Can't believe AT&T sold out of their launch day allotment.