Apple iPhone 4

Vinneus

have a problem i tried to cut out my sim and install it on the iphone4 but the phone stills says that "sim card not installed" why?? i know its locked with at&t but i think it shoudl read the simcard i installed yeah? but wont have any signal or anything right?

holy shit, you actually cut your normal sim card to fit a micro slot? This reminds me of a time i came across a co-worker who cut a 5 1/2" floppy to fit a 3 1/4" slot lol :confused:

/90s computing reminisce

but that doesn't work...right?

holy shit, you actually cut your normal sim card to fit a micro slot? This reminds me of a time i came across a co-worker who cut a 5 1/2" floppy to fit a 3 1/4" slot lol :confused:

/90s computing reminisce

but that doesn't work...right?

my friend did this with an old sim card to fit into his ipad. It worked.

And shit, i cant believe theyre selling for 1300 in hong kong! I sold my unopened 16gb for 900 and thought the dude was crazy to try and make a profit off it, but it seem slike he probably can!

once again, to the early adopters, apple is about to give you a big…

Way overblown. The service for me has been the same or better; areas that are prone to drop calls are still dropping from time to time, while other places are actually getting reception when it was impossible to even get Edge.

It's mildly entertaining watching the pissing match between Apple and all the people who don't actually own the product.

And it's a moot point anyway; you can return the phone for your money back if you really drop all of your calls because of the attenuation.

What free case did you kids decide on? I already got my bumper automatically refunded. Couldn't decide on one of the free cases (need something that won't mess up my back film or front screen protector). At this point the shipping times are so ridiculous, I might as well wait to see if they add anymore options.

What free case did you kids decide on? I already got my bumper automatically refunded. Couldn't decide on one of the free cases (need something that won't mess up my back film or front screen protector). At this point the shipping times are so ridiculous, I might as well wait to see if they add anymore options.

I went with the Incase (clear). Not shipping out til the end of next month...:/. Its okay though, right now I'm using full body screen protector by BodyGaurdz & a black Bumper for a lil more protection. I tried other cases like the Belkin Grip Vue but those caused the screen protector to bubble up so I removed it immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like my reception is way better on my iphone 4 than my iphone 3g. On the ride to and from work (just a couple of miles) I used to have multiple dropped calls, and always at the same intersection. I don't think I've dropped a call yet with the new phone and the clarity of the call is about equal. I've had mine in a bumper since day 1 though.

• 2 years later...

has anyone made some DIY repairs/parts replacement on their iphone? i need to get my battery and rear camera replaced. i've seen some instructions online but i'm not sure if it's as simple as they make it seem. i don't want to get it repaired at the apple store and get billed $100+ if i can get all the parts for ~$40

• 5 months later...

I didn't have a 3GS but have owned a 4 since a few months after they came out. I was coming from an LG; the 4 was my first iPhone. This LG wasn't exactly new when I replaced it and I feel the clarity is similar if not slightly worse on the iPhone 4. Sometimes, it compares more favorably to those $5 wall-mounted landline phones you can get at Walgreen's.

I can't say I have too many problems with dropped calls, although they have happened now and then.

Case-wise, I use the Apple bumper. I'm not a fan of bulky iPhone cases.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

i might pass. 749+tax for a 128? my 6 still works ok.

but then again, there's like no rational thinking

i can justify a 700 dollar goretex jacket you wear 2x a week to be OK but a 700 dollar phone you look at 3+ hours a day NOT OK

Edited by herpsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unpopular opinion time but I always found the iPhone 4 and its predecessors to be junk. Hated the look and feel of those things (to be fair though, I hated pretty much all cell phones back then, too) and I hated the look of iOS prior to iOS 7. The 5 was the first iPhone I bought, and it was okay. Better looking than the squat iPhone 4, and the size, while still kinda painful for my big hands, was doable.

I'm on a 6S now and could easily see myself using it for the next 2-3 years. IMO this is the pinnacle of Apple's design, the size is just right, the shape is attractive and comfortable, and 3D Touch/hardware/speed/battery life is all good. The 7 bores me, I suppose that if next year's 8 is really revolutionary I might upgrade, but let's face it: we're at the point where smartphone upgrades are probably going to be pretty incremental and minor annual boosts to performance. These companies are going to lose a ton of money when people stop upgrading annually because their current phone is still great.