battle raps saved my life

DüM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ Con killing Goodz. that battle was garbage. so boring.

And yeah that battle is fake.

edit: here's a good Conceited battle. Jesse James is so good/bad, but either way fucking quotable

THE TWINS WAS ALBANIAN

FLIP FLOPS WHEN I DRIVE, CAUSE THE SHOES BE OFF

D8JewM9GGDc

Yes, he does the swagger of a black woman. And yes, his father is Chi Mcbride, hence the "nobody outside of corny GT will ever take his (false) gangsta image seriously" comment. All that aside, dude actually spits some heavy bars. The Calicoe battle was a bad showing, i just posted it 'cause it's his most recent. Stiill the best member of sons, imo.

I gotta disagree there. The S.O.N.S. style is pretty garbage in itself, but Heartless' puns really annoy me. That's not good battling to me it's just cutesy shit. I grew up on the NY mixtape shit like everyone else my age so I love good punchlines and metaphors, but their shit just isn't good. Con says some nice shit, but he does the same.

speaking of SONS, here's QP getting eaten alive. Soul Khan ate him too. This ones better though and here he's got a CWG cheering him on.

nEChVnCF1ko

pGuIJVL7bBE

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

those tag team battles circa 2007 were actually freestyles though whereas now it's prewritten verses plus any flips you can think of at the time.

Marv Won and Quest MCODY killed the jumpoff/wrc 2v2 battles

ie this raping:

GvGFpkn0lJc

but something more recent which was prewritten on both ends, Marv and Quest still killed it

wCB8yzyQxSw

Phranchyze and Zeale were another entertaining team even when the other team couldnt form a coherent punch:

cOM-1zvUnMg

those tag team battles circa 2007 were actually freestyles though whereas now it's prewritten verses plus any flips you can think of at the time.

Marv Won and Quest MCODY killed the jumpoff/wrc 2v2 battles

ie this raping:

GvGFpkn0lJc

but something more recent which was prewritten on both ends, Marv and Quest still killed it

wCB8yzyQxSw

Phranchyze and Zeale were another entertaining team even when the other team couldnt form a coherent punch:

cOM-1zvUnMg

yeah, there's a big difference between actual freestyles and pre-written verses with research and everything. I like them both, but there's a lot more energy and excitement in someone is in the zone coming up with rhymes on the spot.

On another note, That first Marv Won and Quest MCody video is a classic. I've seen that video at least 3 times and it still cracks me up. That last video you posted was pretty funny too. I love how the guy with the braids was like, "After this shit, I'm just gonna concentrate on makin' beats".

here's a couple random funny battles

U8cQCRUyYcg

SFMkTuOgV9g&feature=channel

VebbClwQLOk

yeah, there's a big difference between actual freestyles and pre-written verses with research and everything. I like them both, but there's a lot more energy and excitement in someone is in the zone coming up with rhymes on the spot.

On another note, That first Marv Won and Quest MCody video is a classic. I've seen that video at least 3 times and it still cracks me up. That last video you posted was pretty funny too. I love how the guy with the braids was like, "After this shit, I'm just gonna concentrate on makin' beats".

here's a couple random funny battles

U8cQCRUyYcg

SFMkTuOgV9g&feature=channel

VebbClwQLOk

it's not new, nor is it a url or grindtime battle. but this might be one of my favorites; iron solomon destroys this guy. dunno if this is along the lines of what you guys watch though..

KGEdz5sQ1jE

it's not new, nor is it a url or grindtime battle. but this might be one of my favorites; iron solomon destroys this guy. dunno if this is along the lines of what you guys watch though..

KGEdz5sQ1jE