ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

For those of you who haven't checked...

Pre-Order Details:

Start Date - 6/2/2010

Finish Date - 7/2/2010

All jeans will be produced according to pre-orders, made-to-order, and full payment is required at the time of pre-order submission. Production time is approximately 2 months from the end date of pre-ordering so we expect to start shipping orders out in September to reach everyone ahead of the start date.

quick question: my address is going to change between july 2nd and september, and I won't know where until early august. Is there a way I can order and update the address later?

thanks, might wait until the end of the month to see if the AUD will get stronger or not >< its shithouse atm........

Same case here, with the rate at the moment, we'd be spending extra 50-60 aud compared to when it was 0.93...

screw forex.

I'm teetering between 32 & 33 based on the one wash sizes.

A size 32 fully shrunk s710 is pretty tight on me, what size would you guys get? I know the 811s are not known to stretch much so I'm leaning towards the 33s.

I'm definitely torn. I was about to buy some Strike Golds, but this is definitely tempting.

I still can't figure out what difference the yellow stitching around the pocket makes. It looks the same between the contest and the one wash 811s. Is it just a problem with color representation on my monitor plus me breaking my glasses two days ago? Is it really yellow yellow, and I just can't see it?

quick question: my address is going to change between july 2nd and september, and I won't know where until early august. Is there a way I can order and update the address later?

yes. Just make sure you let G. know once you have a final shipping address

Guest I LOVE LFC
Preorder will be open till 07/02/10 - July 2

Sound, looks like I'm in on me 1st contest! This falls after payday so its on.

so i'm jacked that these jeans will most likely be living overseas for the second half of their life. so much stuff that can be packed into the life of a two year contest!

not sure yet. i've told them I don't care where I go, and it all depends where my company wants to send me (and the family of course). It will either be somewhere in Europe (we have locations in the UK, Paris, Copenhagen, several cities in Germany, Spain, and Italy) or Singapore, Japan, or HK...so fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan in the next few months!

Beats and I were talking, thought it would be a good idea to put together some sort of contest list:

a) So we know who is joining (technically, everyone buying the jean "should" be joining but that can be debatable) and;

B) Thought it would be a good idea to have your name, size bought and whether you went True To Size (TTS), Sized Down One (SDO), Sized Up One (SUO), or any other sizing you are going to squeeze in (after all, it is SuFu!) This may help other people in their sizing decisions and they can always PM an individual who they feel may be the same size to get there opinions.

It would look like this (this is only an example, no way reflects what people have bought):

1. Beatle (32, SUO)

2. Aho (31, SUO)

3. Cents or Non Cents (34, TTS)

4. Kino (XX, SDO)

5. Etc etc

So, once you have pre-ordered your jean, PM me (trying to make Beats life a little easier) and I'll edit post #2 with your details.

Cool cool?

not sure yet. i've told them I don't care where I go, and it all depends where my company wants to send me (and the family of course). It will either be somewhere in Europe (we have locations in the UK, Paris, Copenhagen, several cities in Germany, Spain, and Italy) or Singapore, Japan, or HK...so fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan in the next few months!

go to Germany ;)

oh I'm probably headed there no matter what this fall for a week or two. been wanting to go for an eternity, and figured i should just do it...need to spend a vacation week from work anyways.

sorry for shitting up the thread with my travel plans...carry on everyone.

i think im going to be getting in on this, but i just had a few questions.

1) i've never tried on any of the jeans referenced in this thread before so i have no idea what to compare them to. i wear a size 34 in IH 634s and kings. so should i just get tts?

2) if i preorder now and come into BiG on july 3rdish would i be able to change what size i get? i'd even buy a pair or two of denim to sweeten the deal.

1) i've never tried on any of the jeans referenced in this thread before so i have no idea what to compare them to. i wear a size 34 in IH 634s and kings. so should i just get tts?

2) if i preorder now and come into BiG on july 3rdish would i be able to change what size i get? i'd even buy a pair or two of denim to sweeten the deal.

In general when buying raw unsanforized jeans, I almost always buy a pair that measures one inch (in waist) above what I want it to measure after all is said and done. For instance, most of my jeans that fit me well measure about 31 inches in the waist. So i buy a pair of jeans that measures 32 inches in the waist. After the first wash they shrink down to about 30 to 30.5 in the waist then they stretch out. This has never failed me. I don't really get all these sizing issues people have.

1) I would stick with the 34. In my experience, IHs run a little bit smaller than Eternals, but the 634S is sanforized while the 811 is not, so after the initial soak or wash, they should be about the same.

2) I'm pretty sure that would be OK, but you might want to email Gordon to ask him.

1) I would stick with the 34. In my experience, IHs run a little bit smaller than Eternals, but the 634S is sanforized while the 811 is not, so after the initial soak or wash, they should be about the same.

2) I'm pretty sure that would be OK, but you might want to email Gordon to ask him.

really for 2)? i didnt know that the size could be changed since they were made to measure.

i tend to go true to size or ill look at the raw measurements and assume that after wash and stretch it will be back to raw measurement in the waist and order what raw waist fits me. usually that means size down 1

really for 2)? i didnt know that the size could be changed since they were made to measure.

well i was only asking because i'd be changing it like a day after the preorders are closed so i figured there be a decent chance that it wouldnt be too late to change

is 39 inseam really necessary?!

seems like a bit of a waste to me tbh....

I'm going to hem mine to 36.... 37 is probably sufficient for the majority of short people like me (6 feet)...lol

pretty sure 80% of us will need a hem

I went in to BiG the other day to try on the regular 811s to find my size and now i just ordered my contest pair of 811s. Got a size 29 which is sizing down one from my normal 30 but I have been wearing a pair of PBJ xx-005 in 30 and they have stretched too much so hopefully sizing down won't be too much of an issue. I am excited!