ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

I think I have finally fully stretched them out haha. Even after a wash they aren't any trouble to put on and after some repairs the buttons aren't pulling as tight so my crotch buldge isn't as apparent as before. It's a good mix between these and my WH 700s for the looser fit

Initially I did boiling hot soaks to get all the shrink out but the last 2 washes I have done, have been in the machine with cold water, taken out right before the spin cycle. They shrank a bit but was not nearly as tight as they were after those first few soaks (which were almost painful tight). I practically sized down one on these too which was not intended.

Everyones jeans are looking awesome. I bet now that we are getting past 6 months these things are going to really get going.

I caught a whif of mine a few times the last day or two so last night i came home and tossed them in the wash. Hang Drying right now. Pics this weekend.

even with the preemptive crotch reinforcement? that's a bummer... post pics?

i'm having issues of my own with the inseam overlock stitching. anyone having this problem and/or know if it is really a problem?

cross posted from denim repair thread:

so the overlock stitching on the inseams of my contest eternals is unraveling, and the edges of the denim are fraying, as seen in this photo:

5670567845_1d1ef4bfcb_z.jpg

i'm referring to the white stitching at the top - you can see it properly set in the upper right. this is unraveling a few different spots on each leg of my jeans.

my question is, do i need to worry about this and does it need to be repaired? will the denim fray all they way down to the gold chainstitching and beyond, or am i ok leaving it alone?

any help or insight would be appreciated. thanks!

Just a heads up to everyone I'm selling my eternal contest jeans.

As some of you know I'm in the Roy contest and I've only got 2 legs.

I know there was some peeps that missed the boat so I would rather have these go to a good home instead of sit in my closet.

These were tag size 32 and worn about 3 months or so.

measurements are

waist 32.5

Inseam 33.5

PM me if you want them.

Crotch is tearing... need to send em to G-money and gettem patched up. Also I kinda wished I sized up on my pair now, that or lay off leg days..

Word. Leg mass increasing and I don't know if my thighs will fit after a wash. :(

I'm gonna take mine into SENY tomorrow...I can't wear them at the moment with the crotch situation. self repairs got me to NYC, now I need some professional work done!

My crotch is close to blowing out and thin as hell. All Button holes are ripped to some degree and all pocket stitching is toast. Back pocket stitching is starting to unravel heavily as well. Cuff lines are ripped through in big holes.

I love the jeans but man its like they Slapped them together with a minimal amount of effort.

My crotch is close to blowing out and thin as hell. All Button holes are ripped to some degree and all pocket stitching is toast. Back pocket stitching is starting to unravel heavily as well. Cuff lines are ripped through in big holes.

I love the jeans but man its like they Slapped them together with a minimal amount of effort.

I totally agree with you there thedoad, I'm having similar issues with my 874s: beautiful denim but shoddy construction.

At what month are you guys starting to run into these issues. I am about 3 months in and haven't had any issue's with threads on my 883's. Knocking on wood that they wont suddenly go into a nose dive of disintegration.

Mine sort of nosedived around 4 months or so. I also have soaked and washed them in the 6 month period so Its not that.

mine are mostly fine, with the exception of some non essential threads going - I wonder how sizing and quality issues are related

went for a little hike / surf / hike over the weekend:

5684630586_412be4bc4e_z.jpg

my jeans are holding up fine aside from the overlock stitching issue i posted about above (which i'm not sure is anything to be concerned about), and the normal wear i get after six months in all my jeans (crotch thinning, a back pocket stitching wearing down, etc...)