ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Nah, I remember Gordon telling me that he had to take quite a hit with the Yen exchange rate - so I guess he's just trying to make sure he doesn't loose even more...30 bucks saved for those who jumped on it right away...

Nah, I remember Gordon telling me that he had to take quite a hit with the Yen exchange rate - so I guess he's just trying to make sure he doesn't loose even more...30 bucks saved for those who jumped on it right away...

Early adopters discount and rightly so.

So tempted to place an order,

Me too. But, at lunch I got a couple pair of jeans out to measure, and reaffirmed that the 811s will be an inch too short for me in front and rear rise, and to forget about trying to join this contest!

Does a second hot soak really affect the shrinking Eternal denim?... I need the inseam to shrink about 0.5".

yes. i posted these measurements with my fit pics a few days back:

size 36 (TTS) hemmed to 35" inseam raw. measurements if anyone's interested (raw / post 1 soak / post 2 soaks):

waist: 18.75 / 18.125 / 17.875

Frise: 12.5 / 11.875 / 11.5

Brise: 16.5 / 16 / 16

Inseam: 35 / 33.5 / 32.75

Thigh: 13.5 / 13.25 / 13

Knee: 9.75 / 9.5 / 9.5

Hem: 9.25 / 9 / 8.75

...so my 35" raw inseam shrank 1.5" with one soak, and another .75" with a second. back rise and knee were the only dimensions that didn't seem to shrink in the 2nd soak, but that was probably due to measuring inaccuracies. what was your raw inseam and what is it after one soak?

also, if this is a question of hemming, you'll want to keep in mind that these will continue to shrink up everytime you wash them for a while. i wouldn't be surprised to see a total of 4 inches shrinkage over the next 2 years.

cool fit commo! mine look pretty much exactly the same. did u hem?

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I like the way these fit a lot. The waist and legs are perfect, maybe just a little bit of extra room in the seat.

I asked for a 33" raw inseam hem, I think these came out closer to 34" when I got them. They shrunk about 2" in length after the hot soaks and are a little bit long now, but they should be perfect after the stacks settle and honeycombs start forming.

So I did a second hot soak and the inseam shrunk about another inch (36.25-34.25-33.5) and funnily, the top block feels a little tighter compared to the first time around. I am really happy with these jeans. Anyone think of getting these, don't think about it, get them.

Also if anyone is thinking about getting these hemmed and you are basing the measurements off another pair of jeans, make sure you take into account the rise (Compared to all my other jeans the 811's ride are a full inch bigger to the next closest rise that I own). Best way I think is to measure from top waist band down outside seam to bottom hem, then you can work out inseam size from there.