ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Wuzzup :)

1st off thanks for all the kind words. I couldn't be happier with the fit of these jeans. I can see myself wearing them a lot for the next 2 years fo sho.

Beatle gets props for helping me size these :)

Post Soak Fit

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

im actually really glad with this competition even though i havent worn mine yet. to date, i havent seen a bad fit yet and i hardly doubt i will, unless somebody decides to sag theirs like mad. like 1 fist below butt cheek kinda mad. i think this was a great excuse for everyone who wanted a pair of 811s to get a pair and i should like to think that nobody has been disappointed thus far.

for me, these are a big change for me since i've always gone for something with a little more taper from knee down. but looking at these again, they add a little variety to the denim i wear. thanks beatle for organising and of course big big big props to gordon and everyone at BiG. hope hes doing great now after the number of hems hes done for everyone. smaller thanks to eternal for the lack of the missing lemon yellow stitching around the pockets and poorly printed pocketbags.

COME ON! I want more fit pics! just to tide me over until tomorrow night when i get to finally take my pair out of the box and soak 'em

i called on monday and they said they were still sorting things out.

they have the list of people who purchased and the jeans. i dont get how they dont know how many extra pairs they have by now

I'm guessing they're sorting out who's already inquired about extra pairs and who gets them first.

gotta be honest, kinda pissed about the 811s.

i can't demonstrate muay thai knee blocks or flying knees to save my life. got kicked in the side just because of the stupid tight top block

hello bruised ribs

^Was gonna say, SUO and you'd be fine! I personally can't handle tight ass denim anymore...If I can't wear it comfortably all day for any/all activities then I'd rather get another pair to be honest...Hope they end up working out for you though!

Well here you go children of earth. #31 officially checking in. Went TTS 34 which might be close to size down 1/2 due to a bit of a weight gain in the past few months...Post soak pictures taken after a 40min. warm soak, spin out the water in the wash. then wear damp to stretch the waist back out some. The fit on these is exactly what I wanted. Slim, but enough room in the top block to move freely without looking baggy at all. a decent sized leg opening with very little taper, and they look great cuffed once or double. The fit is gold, and should soften and stretch to a great comfortable slim fit.

I went unhemmed at 39" on these bad boys, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get the full 3" shrink in the inseam after the short soak. got some leg twist on both legs after they were completely dry, but i see them shrinking quite a bit more over the next 2 years. at this length, they look great with a pretty big cuff and a bit of stacking, or the double cuff which i like to rock with boots...definitely too long to go with no cuff. I might do another soak to get more shrinkage out, but i figure i'll just save that for the first wash since i'm happy with the fit as is.

didn't meter correctly, jeans are correct but everything else is blown way out.

5092174095_b67a8b285d_z.jpg

5092173935_e804ef715e_z.jpg

5092770342_53b6f24c03_z.jpg

and some of my favorite details...

does everybody else's pair have this much fold over on the coin pocket? because that looks real nice and it will give a great fade line on the selvage.

5092770132_35bf3ed1fe_z.jpg

gotta love the numbers, though the pocket screen print was a bit of a joke.

5092769932_66ab088e3b_z.jpg

my first actual RED selvage jean. great stuff!

5092769776_e20a0a6718_z.jpg