ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

got same problem here.. got my jeans a couple of days ago. i went for size 31. i wear 30 in pbj xx005 but i was getting a bit sick about he snug fit in the thight so i was thinking to go for 1 size up on eternal. But im really not satisfied with the fit 31 is to lose for my liking. So maybe there is somebody out their who wants to trade a size 30 for my 31. but i think the change is little

I think so..great fit, Kino, what size did you go for ? I'm starting to feel that a 32 mgiht be way to big for me...

beatle, a 32 should be a good fit on you. FWIW, I have a pair of O/W 811 in 32 and they fit me proper. I also take the SExIH07BK in 31. Hot soak/wash + dryer until slightly damp and you should be golden.

So if cold soaking doesn't seem to achieve much shrinkage, I guess hot soaking is the move.

Hot soaking always freaks me out for some reason BTW. And I know agitation gets more of the shrinkage out, but that causes more indigo bleed as well :(

Argh, this talk about shrinking and size is frustrating because I'm a bit nervous that they won't shrink enough in the waist (usually a 34, sized up to 36 since there was no 35). I like a loose fit but can't stand the waistband bunching up under the belt either... Good thing they are on their way (Gordon e-mailed yesterday), with all the posts here lately the wait is becoming harder. I'll probably hot soak like a mad man to get max shrinkage.

That was the plan, but they sent a 28 and I shit myself thinking they were not going to fit! So I did a hot soak for 30mins keeping the waist out, then I wore it for a day and felt their was still some more shrinking to be done so this time a 45min hot soak waist aswell

Really comfy jeans after wearing momotaro the stretch on these is lovely, just need to hem at some point

That was the plan, but they sent a 28 and I shit myself thinking they were not going to fit!

28!!! Not to sound like a girl, but man you're making me feel fat!!!

I sized mine TTS at 32, maybe I should have sized down one but who cares.

Since they wont be tight, they wont stretch out as much.

Good news is that mine ship out tomorrow :cool:

So if cold soaking doesn't seem to achieve much shrinkage, I guess hot soaking is the move.

Hot soaking always freaks me out for some reason BTW. And I know agitation gets more of the shrinkage out, but that causes more indigo bleed as well :(

If anything, there will be less indigo bleed after a hot wash. There will be more indigo loss from a wash than a soak, but the denim will have less residual indigo to bleed.

The indigo loss from an agitated soak is negligible in the grand scheme of things, and there will be plenty of indigo left in the denim to last two years ;) Remember to flip inside out during the soak to minimize indigo loss.

I assume the jeans will be washed at some point, so you might as well get as much shrinkage out of them off the bat.

i did a double hot soak fit is great just a bit poor right now to be hemming, got two years ;)

Wearing 36" inseam jeans without a hem is peasant status.

Hem. Soak. Wear. That's how I do. It results in maximum roping. That and it's a way cleaner fit than mega stacks/cuffs.

I sized mine TTS at 32, maybe I should have sized down one but who cares.

I'm also TTS 32. My size 32 O/W 811 fit spot on after another wash + dry (i.e. full shrinkage).

Definitely give them a hot soak. Try on while damp, and if still too loose for you liking, toss them in the dryer. Just remember to turn the jeans back inside out or you'll be cleaning indigo out of your dryer!

Sick fits all - I'm glad everyone is getting their pairs! Mine are in vancouver with me for the weekend

As for fit, I wouldn't be too worried, I went tts and the shrinking is pretty well what you'd expect and (more importantly) they stretch out nicely after a soak!

#09: Size 31 (TTS) - Hemmed 34.5 before soak

1 hot soak, 1 cold machine wash

Was still too big after the first hot soak so gave them a wash which got way more shrinkage out. A bit baggy from behind - wish I had SDO but I'll get used to it.

No fancy pics. I couldn't find my point and shoot so just used a camera phone:

fit-front.jpg

fit-back.jpg