ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

-Z-: Great fit, LOVE the jeans but the shirt is insane! Dope dope dope fit! I hate myself for not entering the Eternal contest! The denim seems to be very very nice and already showing some good evo-signs as well!

Looking forward to your 2 month update...

Lol, thanks! And I take it that's a, "holy shit that shirt is bright kind of insane?" Haha, its very warm...and bright. But its one of my favorites so it gets alot of wear.

Can any short people (<5'7") comment on the rise of these things? I know it's kinda high, but I decided to risk it anyways. It's the only thing I got qualms about tbh.

Great evo btw everyone! :D

im 5'4 and i dont have much of a problem with the rise, it is true what the poster above said about the rise being less than okinawas, and a little more than s5000bks.

IMG_19101.jpg

heres a fit pic from first day if it helps.

somebody should wear my pair or Eternals for a month while I wear the ROY World Tour jeans...............................

we'll see about this. I need to see if I'll fit into the ROY's first, everybody else in the contest is around a 32...

^^^ they're fine. unless you're 5'4 or something. higher than apc ns, lower than sugarcane okinawas, all around a good rise for a slim jawn.

...I am 5'4", haha. But judging from kai's fit pics, I feel a bit better about it. Kai, does the ass balloon out in the back though? Thanks for the fit pic btw. What size are you wearing? And what did you hem to?

...I am 5'4", haha. But judging from kai's fit pics, I feel a bit better about it. Kai, does the ass balloon out in the back though? Thanks for the fit pic btw. What size are you wearing? And what did you hem to?

i went true to size. there is a little bit of ballooning but id say it gets better as you wear and the denim get less stiff, i dont pay it much mind in the end anyway. if your really that worried about it id say size down, i feel like i could have but i wanted a straight cut/loose. I hemmed to a 35 to get a 32 inch inseam, could have easily hemmed to a 33 or 32 to get a 30 or 29 in post soak hem.

totally. I actually want a straight cut and am super glad to see your fit pic. i ordered a size 29 too and am gonna hem to a 35 as well. good stuff. we'll practically have identical pairs, hah. thanks for the input man.

and farhad, everything about that picture is awesome.

Farhad - your photos are amazing! That rock formation is amazing. Where was the shoot location?

I'm starting my own tea website soon. My search for the best tea in China required me make a trip to Wuyishan, in Fujian province - home of the famous rock oolongs or "yan cha"

Took my BR MA-1 & my contest eternals with me.

5206597198_759ddfc2a1_z.jpg

The winding forest path takes you through steep rock canyons and valleys with the occasional tomb raider relic

5206279435_bccb3aace1_z.jpg

Here we are at the base of the "heavenly path peak"

5206878074_4282d76545_z.jpg

Climbing the stairway to heaven. Despite the cold, the steep stairs had me sweating. Stripped down to my shirt by the time I got to the top.

5206281729_1b3aa9ae39_z.jpg

View from the top. Sunnies are AO, a present from Shangers wedding

5206282435_4e1e93ed18_z.jpg

This is what I came for... those bright green leaves in the foreground are camellia sinensis, otherwise known as tea! With landscape this beautiful, it's no wonder the oolong from this part of China is the best! This particular varietal is "rou gui" 肉桂

5206880910_a9c4246903_z.jpg

Me pretending to be farmer. Actually my ancestors worked the land in Fujian, so it's probably in the genes haha

5206882622_9f741d982b_z.jpg

Noticed a nice little leg burn on my Eternals when I got back to the bottom. Thank you Wuyishan!

5206597862_094d032604_z.jpg

(X-posted from the WAYJDT thread)

By the way, I hand washed my 811's today so expect some post-wash pics soon!

look at all that blue coming through...having never actually worn a pair everyday, from when I wake up to when I go to bed, these are fading so damn fast. they're where my skulls were at after 4 or 5 months of on and off wear...two years is a long, long time. but I'm glad these impress on the short term as well. can't wait to see how they change as they get washed and worn for another 22.5 months

5207214515_ec82c8e0a5_z.jpg