ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

I have mine now, pretty long legs but very pleased - may hem them after a soak and a day or so wear.

PARCEL FORCE:

BIG kindly marked a value of 54USD on my parcel, PARCEL FORCE kindly interpreted this as GBP, ( which is odd because if the parcel was arriving from a UK location I wouldn't be paying import tax ), and charged me the equivalent of 17.5% tax for an item worth 54 GBP.

Cheers parcel force! You THIEVING FUCKS.

Anyone else still waiting to collect their parcels please double check your import tax......

Still got my jeans and IM happy, massive thanks to Gordon and co at BIG.

joelz - I'm in Whistler, how long did it take after you got the mail confirmation? Did you USPS or DHL?

I just got my shipped email. :)

I actually live in NYC, just visiting my gf in vancouver for the weekend

woot, got mine. they did a waiver of signature so they just left them in front of my door. ill post some fit pics after i take a shower.

edit:

IMAG0136.jpg

i really like the post soak fit, which makes me want to go for just a cold soak. has anyone done w/o a hot soak? how much shrinkage have you seen? i can probably drop an inch in the waist no problem, but im a little worried about how tight the thighs will get.

Anybody who got delivery confirmation Thursday and got their jeans today, does your usps tracker status say delivered??? I'm away from home but hoping they are there but my tracker still says they are through the distribution center with a delivery date of 10/9/10. Just wondering...

Got mine today. Pretty pumped. Taking them in for a hem tomorrow. Ive fucked up on pre soak hems before so I wanted to wait until after. I think im going to small single cuff these guys. Pretty excited about the fit. Did a 1.5 hour Hot soak with a few batches of fresh water. Lots of shrinkage in thighs and inseam. about an inch in the waist. They are snug but not tight should be great in a few wears or so. They are rough as shit :). also, Not pictured but they are the first jeans Ive had that stood up on their own after hang drying.

Sorry for crappy pics. I could not seem to get one to come out well. Last one my neighbor just painted his house blue and wanted me to stand in front of it for some reason.

DSCF0428.jpg

Pre soak mirror shot.

DSCF0432.jpg

Post soak.

DSCF0473.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

fuck. mine didn't arrive. now i have to wait over a week to get them. (leaving for vacation tomorrow)

also called BiG because they forgot to put my loft # on the usps shipping information (even though it was on my shipping info I sent them:confused:), and it looks like the post might send them back to NY if the mail guy doesn't recognize my name on the package and put it in my box. which is another whole problem. shit.

Guest I LOVE LFC
keep the big cuffs or send them for another hem?

Personally, I've never had a pair of jeans hemmed and never will. Maybe that's cos I'm 6'3" and haven't needed to, but I like keeping them how they come.

So my answer would be keep them like that, they fit great anyway so no need to send them for another hem in my opinion.

Keep keep keep!

#14 checking in..sorry for the crappy pics. I'm definitely not a photographer. :D

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

post soak pics after a hot soak, 1 hot wash (no spin cycle) and dryer for maximum shrinkage.

DSC01870.jpg

DSC01869.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

overall, I'm satisfied with the shrinkage..I sized up one, could've stayed TTS but I wanted a loose fit..