ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

^that post soak fit is mighty fine!

what are you guys seeing for domestic standard (cheap) shipping times on the jeans. never ordered from BiG before so i'm not sure how long they take. 5-7 days i'm guessing??

Typically 2 or 3 days. BiG ships using Priority Mail, so it gets to you pretty quick.

Still everyone coming with the great fits. Excellent.

As I said before I'm fine with waiting for the jeans, but when I was just cleaning my email i realized that the email blast was sent on Sept. 14th.

How long would it have taken to have sent another quick group email updating the situation instead of some random person posting some sort of obscure status update on here that means who knows what?

The only email I ever got was regarding the yellow pocket stitching. It would have been easier than for us to be forced to have to either rely on others or call the store ourselves. I'll just be glad when these finally come. Hopefully we receive by Monday. IMO if it comes down to Gordon having to overnight them out at his cost then that is what he should do so everyone who waited can get them by the 10th, assuming they do get freed up tomorrow.

I know it isn't his fault they were delayed but as a business owner sometimes you just have to do things like that.

Until they come I'll be rocking my Roys.

^^ what are you talking about? I got an email from gordon re: the hold-up/changes.'

awk dammit, i'm 2k posts in >:(

Im talking about getting one email to say they were held up and would be out that week or the following and then nothing for Over 3 weeks, like for example a "Hey guys looks like it will be out today or tomorrow! Sorry for the Wait!"

Im excited to get them but with larger ticket purchases I feel like even an attempt at good customer service would be nice. The last thing I felt was appropriate was contacting the store myself to ask because it's annoying I'm sure.

Perhaps you got an email that I didn't?

IMO if it comes down to Gordon having to overnight them out at his cost then that is what he should do so everyone who waited can get them by the 10th...

I know it isn't his fault they were delayed but as a business owner sometimes you just have to do things like that.

Im excited to get them but with larger ticket purchases I feel like even an attempt at good customer service would be nice.

you guys need to chill. everyone needs to chill. customs holding up a package is well outside of gordon's control. he may have to pay a hefty customs fee for it, and he's not passing that cost along to any of us - so suggesting that he needs to overnight your jeans is a bit much.

this is also why pre-orders only happen for special items/contests - if we hadn't paid in advance, gordon could adjust the price to cover the cost he now has to eat on custom fees, plus he could just announce when the jeans are available and not have to deal with all this stuff. i'm not the most patient person in the world, but i know we are all going to get our jeans as soon as possible.

gordon is well aware of sufu (he's been involved in many contests on this board in the past - samurai, warehouse, full count) and he may even read this thread. he knows that people stay informed here and he doesn't need to send out email updates all the time. it's probably a bummer to see people criticizing his business practices & customer service for no good reason.

lastly - 10/10/10 is just a date on a calendar. unless you guys are some weird ass numerologists, it won't make a difference if you receive the jeans a few days later. i doubt more than 5 people in this contest will wear the jeans more than 700 days (prob less than 10 over 600) over the course of the contest.

anyhow, i'm super excited to get my jeans too! everyone's fits have been excellent so far! really proving what a great cut the 811 is. not a single complaint on hip flare to be found...

you guys need to chill. everyone needs to chill. customs holding up a package is well outside of gordon's control. he may have to pay a hefty customs fee for it, and he's not passing that cost along to any of us - so suggesting that he needs to overnight your jeans is a bit much.

this is also why pre-orders only happen for special items/contests - if we hadn't paid in advance, gordon could adjust the price to cover the cost he now has to eat on custom fees, plus he could just announce when the jeans are available and not have to deal with all this stuff. i'm not the most patient person in the world, but i know we are all going to get our jeans as soon as possible.

gordon is well aware of sufu (he's been involved in many contests on this board in the past - samurai, warehouse, full count) and he may even read this thread. he knows that people stay informed here and he doesn't need to send out email updates all the time. it's probably a bummer to see people criticizing his business practices & customer service for no good reason.

lastly - 10/10/10 is just a date on a calendar. unless you guys are some weird ass numerologists, it won't make a difference if you receive the jeans a few days later. i doubt more than 5 people in this contest will wear the jeans more than 700 days (prob less than 10 over 600) over the course of the contest.

anyhow, i'm super excited to get my jeans too! everyone's fits have been excellent so far! really proving what a great cut the 811 is. not a single complaint on hip flare to be found...

Are you retarded? Gordon isn't eating shit on the customs fees. Customs fees are built in to the selling price of any imported denim he sells.

I understand why people are annoyed. The jeans were supposed to be delivered by the contest start date and they haven't. Not only that, but it appears that some people have been left in the dark about it.

Im pretty chill man. This will be my last post on the subject and hopefully then more great pics will come in, including mine asap.

Your post perfectly illustrates my point of "internet speculation". You don't know what's happening in the situation the same as any of us but you speculate on Gordon's thoughts, the customs fees and all sorts of other variables. I myself would rather not do that. All i know for a hard fact is. My jeans were held up in customs 3 weeks ago and as far as i know they are still there.

A word from the horses mouth would have been nice, end of story.

In response to TallyHo, I have been patient for a long time now but when some people have had their jeans almost a month now and the rest of us haven't heard jack, how is that acceptable? It wouldn't have taken Gordon a second to ask one of his SAs to send out an email to the 30-35 that are still waiting and he could focus on hemming. As I said before the only email I received was that the stitching color was not right. Never once was I notified that I'd be delayed other than this board. I'm not peeved about the wait, but I am disappointed in the lack of communication. If I do this to my customers at work, shit hits the fan.

Are you retarded? Gordon isn't eating shit on the customs fees. Customs fees are built in to the selling price of any imported denim he sells.

I understand why people are annoyed. The jeans were supposed to be delivered by the contest start date and they haven't. Not only that, but it appears that some people have been left in the dark about it.

i don't think i'm retarded, but are insane people aware of their insanity?

i'm pretty sure your reading comprehension is the real issue here, as i said in the previous paragraph that he *may* have to pay customs fees. of course there are import duties and so forth, but i have no first hand experience with exactly how gordon runs his business. it is common for individuals to have to pay customs fees if packages are not undervalued or marked as "gifts." seems to happen at random - just like it seems quite random that half of the jeans got caught while the other half went through.

anyone who reads this thread (including, but not limited to, thedoad & xchen, who are regular contributors) has not been "in the dark" because there have been regular updates on the status of the jeans.

i'm not sure what about my post got you so worked up (was it really that one sentence you put in bold?), but it seems that you need to chill out more than anyone else in this thread.

morse - that's great news! thanks for the UPDATE.

What's the average shrinkage in the waist that you guys are experiencing?

If these shrink an inch and a half like vand23's, I'm screwed.

unless they stretch back out an inch and I stop drinking beer which is not likely!!!

LOL

It should shrink around an inch around the waist and stretch back out.

My pair is pretty full cut because I lost weight and sized up. Its fine though, I'll rock em loose.

joelz and efujobu1- thanks. I tried a pair on at BIG when I was in NYC. Was hoping mine were in but they were in customs like everyone else's.

I talked to Gordon and it was really out of his control.

He's a super nice guy.

hell yea. mine are in too and with no hemming, fingers crossed they go out tomorrow. looking at monday or tuesday, but saturday would be SWEET!

ONLY IF IT IS HAND DELIVERED BY MESSENGER TODAY. SAME DAY EXPRESS.

;)

haha! i mean, if we all were to receive our jeans by sunday then gordon would have fulfilled all orders exactly as represented. then you guys would be real jerks! (just kidding - don't get upset again)

How long would it have taken to have sent another quick group email updating the situation instead of some random person posting some sort of obscure status update on here that means who knows what?

Gordon had no more information to tell us. Instead of all of us calling him and asking, a small few did and posted it here. It is a SuFu contest so technically everyone involved in this thread are here to have fun and compete, not just so they could score a cheap (remember the shit that went down about the end price anyone?!) pair of Eternals.

awk dammit, i'm 2k posts in >:(

Go you!

Hopefully we receive by Monday. IMO if it comes down to Gordon having to overnight them out at his cost then that is what he should do so everyone who waited can get them by the 10th, assuming they do get freed up tomorrow.

That has no logic at all. They are just jeans. Jeans for a contest. If shit happens then move the fucking start date. 101010-121212 looks great but move it to 311010-311212 instead for example. We have waited since June, I think 1 week past the date won't kill you (and if it does, send me your jeans). And really, you think he should pay an extra 100+ to send it overnight to international locations? Thats 40% of the jeans price. Say goodbye to profit. Get the fuck outta 'ere!

Im talking about getting one email to say they were held up and would be out that week or the following and then nothing for Over 3 weeks, like for example a "Hey guys looks like it will be out today or tomorrow! Sorry for the Wait!" ?

He didn't know if they were going to be out today/tomorrow or the next day. I would have put the site@BiG email in my spam box had I got a "Hey guys looks like it will be out today or tomorrow! Sorry for the Wait!" email everyday for the last month.

he knows that people stay informed here and he doesn't need to send out email updates all the time.

Customs is inbuilt into the price. As a business, he has to pay duties, taxes and custom fees. They were held up maybe due to a high influx of imported items, a possible drug overhaul in the same container, or out of the 'two' boxes, the second one got a random inspection. Who knows, Gordon didn't thus why we weren't told anything other than 'they are held up'.

Customs fees are built in to the selling price of any imported denim he sells. .

Truth.

It wouldn't have taken Gordon a second to ask one of his SAs to send out an email to the 30-35 that are still waiting and he could focus on hemming.

Haha. I don't think Gordon does hemming 24/7 bro.

he *will*(edit) have to pay customs fees. of course there are import duties and so forth, but i have no first hand experience with exactly how gordon runs his business. it is common for individuals to have to pay customs fees if packages are not undervalued or marked as "gifts." seems to happen at random - just like it seems quite random that half of the jeans got caught while the other half went through.

there have been regular updates on the status of the jeans.

You are right, you don't have first hand experience. The key word here is individuals. You think Gordon (a business) tells Eternal to say there is only one jean in each box and the jean is a gift at a price of $34. Maybe that's why they got looked at. In all seriousness he is a business, they factor in all the prices. The items were probably picked at random for a closer inspection. That's all. He isn't going to pay more customs because it has been in the inspection factory for longer.

I talked to gordona and it was really out of his control.

He's a super nice guy.

THAT'S IT, THAT'S ALL. THE END!