ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Ordered mine yesterday. Forgot to post. Was going to pass on this contest as I already have a pair of 811 BNWT. However, I lost like 11 kilos between when I bought them and now, and I figure I can use a another size. May put thee ones in my closet in the supermarket soon.

Just curious, when people say TTS, are you saying pre-wash (tagged size) TTS or post-wash?

tag size. always talk about the size indicated on the tag. in reality this differs from brand to brand so it would be more confusing to get all the actual measurements for every pair

tks beautiful freak. plus rep.

In that case. I am sz 33. SUO.

im new to denim this expensive and im thinking hard about participating in this contest. I know the contest shouldn't be on my mind with a two year commitment and its more about the fun, but what exactly is the judging at the end based on? i skate, so i imagine my jeans being pretty bashed up after 2 years. i dont want to assume the more fucked up the better so can someone fill me in here?

Just wear your jeans...

Got to agree with this statement. Once you start worrying about how to "make" your fades so they can win according to a panel of judges you lose all the fun in just wearing the jeans and enjoying the journey. Just do what you do...

I believe that Eternal has their own criteria when it comes to judging - whiskers, combs, over all wear, we will have to see

thanks beatle.

Just wear your jeans...
Got to agree with this statement. Once you start worrying about how to "make" your fades so they can win according to a panel of judges you lose all the fun in just wearing the jeans and enjoying the journey. Just do what you do...

like i said, i skate and fall a lot. so when i "just wear my jeans" they will get a lot more torn up a lot faster than your average coffee shop city slicker. if i "just wore my jeans" like i do my other jeans, then a $254 pair of jeans wouldnt last any longer than a $30 pair of levis and that would be an incredibly poor investment. thanks for your advice, but im not worried about how my jeans will fade to win, i was just wondering if its even worth it buying a contest pair and participating if the jeans are fucked up and patched beyond recognition. since im new to this, i wanted to know how denim contests like these are judged

thanks beatle.

like i said, i skate and fall a lot. so when i "just wear my jeans" they will get a lot more torn up a lot faster than your average coffee shop city slicker. if i "just wore my jeans" like i do my other jeans, then a $254 pair of jeans wouldnt last any longer than a $30 pair of levis and that would be an incredibly poor investment. thanks for your advice, but im not worried about how my jeans will fade to win, i was just wondering if its even worth it buying a contest pair and participating if the jeans are fucked up and patched beyond recognition. since im new to this, i wanted to know how denim contests like these are judged

a bit passive aggressive eh?

some sizing advice from my little experience with a few pairs of denim...

1. do no hem the jeans too short, there's no turning back...

2. yes they will shrink, but they will also stretch at areas of stress to its raw size, and very often past the raw size... but..

3.... if they shrink past the raw size, chances are the durability of the denim is compromised...

with that said, couple of things to keep in mind, the 811 is generally a more relaxed top block with a tapered hem along with a pretty tall rise.... so sizing up or down will mostly impact the looks over comfort.. unless you size down too much..

I have quite a few pairs of slimmer jeans, so I have decided to do TTS.... I've tried it on @ BiG for the RAW version @ Size 31, it's pretty snug in the waist, for sure the first few weeks will be painful.. but the waist down would look nice..

just my 2 cents