ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

LOLOLOLOL. Yeah.

During the next 2 years I'll be doing a lot of traveling...doing research... I'll stop by Chitown though, so you gotta show me around aho. I'll prob also stop by NYC, Tokyo, Taipei, HK, Shanghai, Beijing, and maybe London and Seoul on the way. SUFU MEETUPWORLDWIDE.

Like Panda, I will be doing a lot of traveling too, thus the reason I thought it would be cool to join the contest (first one for me) as come Nov 02, I will be off to Central and South America for 6 months until Coachella 2011. Then a summer in Whistler, Canada. Again from November 02 to Coachella 2012, I will be exploring the Mediterranean and finally back to Whistler, then back home to Australia by the time 12/12/12 rolls around, probably.

I leave for a week and the news i've been waiting for is finally here!

First contest here I come, can't wait to battle it out with all of you!

Like Panda, I will be doing a lot of traveling too, thus the reason I thought it would be cool to join the contest (first one for me) as come Nov 02, I will be off to Central and South America for 6 months until Coachella 2011. Then a summer in Whistler, Canada. Again from November 02 to Coachella 2012, I will be exploring the Mediterranean and finally back to Whistler, then back home to Australia by the time 12/12/12 rolls around, probably.

Word. By the time these Eternals are done, so will my research.

You guys should come to LA once I'm done to see it in action, haha.

Count me in, first competition and my first pair of etenals! How do the 811 compare with other denim?

cant say that i have a lot to compare em with, but i will say this; theyre dark, hairy n awesome.. wearing my pair as i type, theyre a bit more than 4 months and theyre starting to show some fades. start was hella slow cuz the winter was unusually long so i kinda just stayed in.

longboardings great for fades, they really started to pop once spring arrived. i just hope they wont become too busted, cuz i got a few "assless" jeans already, but since i ride almost every day i dont want to not wear em.

but yeah, theyre great and the fit is cool.

Count me in, first competition and my first pair of etenals! How do the 811 compare with other denim?

In what way?

- They are a mid-weight jean at 14.5oz.

- Fairly regular weave -- not much slub

- Distinctive vertical falling

- Mid-rise classic slim straight fit

- Not sure where the cotton is sourced from, but the fibers appear to be fairly long as the denim isn't very hairy.

- Despite their reputation, they actually fade fairly quickly.

That's all I can think of.

Oh boy. The contest jeans look great! Unfortunately, I won't be buying a pair since I already have 2 pairs of 811's, but I might play along for a portion, if not all, of the 2 years.

yea i might have to tear off the tags to my 811's and play along instead of buying this contest pair

I wouldn't recommend sizing down one unless you have an abnormally skinny waist and thighs (ooops, forgot this was sufu! ;) ) but there are a few examples on here where they have pulled it off. TTS for slim (might be tight in the waist at first but can stretch out a little), up one for a bit more relaxed fit IMO...

As always with sizing down, you will most likely get a busted crotch early on, and these jeans aren't really meant to be "skinny" by any means...

OK. Questions and thoughts from me.

*Half lined back pockets = Sweet, at least slow down the wallet hole process.

*6oz indigo dyed front pocket bags = Can't wait to get my "tighty whities" touching up against these. Ha!

*Yellow stitch around front pocket = I can't see the difference in any pictures. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

In what way?

- Not sure where the cotton is sourced from, but the fibers appear to be fairly long as the denim isn't very hairy.

- Despite their reputation, they actually fade fairly quickly.

That's all I can think of.

this is untrue

like 5 o'clock shadow hairy at most really.

vvv fhair enough

by the way you know you're making it really hard to buy those 872s off you with this contest coming up.

maybe i'll guest participate with em

This sounds good. I have never owned a pair of eternal 811s and ever since the early days of sufu, I have wanted a pair, just never found the time. This sounds like about the right time.

Also, why do people look at hairy denim as a definitive positive? Hairy denim usually points to short cotton fibers, which usually coincides with less durable denim. That being said I love the lht okinawa denim and it is pretty hairy.

Also: Beatle why did you have to go and rain on mine and Roy6's parade? We don't hate ya for it. That just means I am gonna have to take you out in your own contest. Hah!!