Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

nope sorry don't know any.btw sorry for posting in a week old thread.

thanks, i was wondering if you had a fucking clue about anything at all. this was the last area i was curious about. you really cleared that up. i'll sleep better tonight.

negged...

Anybody has experience with the new d'artisan 21oz denim ?

I read somewhere the cut was the SD103 one, which I own and find great, but according to BiG size table the rise and upper thigh are bigger, for a 32 :

SD 103 rise : 10.75

thigh : 12.5

For the 21 oz :

rise : 11.5

thigh : 13.25

Is it due to the 21 shrinking more or really different cut ?

Anybody has experience with the new d'artisan 21oz denim ?

I read somewhere the cut was the SD103 one, which I own and find great, but according to BiG size table the rise and upper thigh are bigger, for a 32 :

SD 103 rise : 10.75

thigh : 12.5

For the 21 oz :

rise : 11.5

thigh : 13.25

Is it due to the 21 shrinking more or really different cut ?

The latest 21oz version that I've seen was based on the 101 cut. Longer rise, 'hips' and carrot leg. Really nice, dark denim, with a slight purple tinge, much nicer fabric than their original 21oz. Great, thick leather patch.

Anyone knows more about this?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bluemarble/dartisansd1413/

Very interesting indigo color but I can't find info elsewhere about this...

I've seen them. Vivid blue indigo, (if you'll excuse the pleonasm), which from the pink flowered plant photo in the link, appears to be from Dyer's Knotweed, Polygonum Tinctorium. The indigo plant from South China/Vietnam, that's cultivated in the Tokushima district.

Unlike some of the top end natural indigo offers from other Japanese 'repro' brands (eg Pure Blue, Samurai) , the denim is relatively flat in texture. Very different from their SD101/103XX natural indigo jeans, which are far more understated.

The latest 21oz version that I've seen was based on the 101 cut. Longer rise, 'hips' and carrot leg. Really nice, dark denim, with a slight purple tinge, much nicer fabric than their original 21oz. Great, thick leather patch.

thanks for the info, would have been the 103 cut pretty sure I would have fallen for these, but with the 101cut I'm saved from them ! :)

edit : looking at below page (ref D1405) :

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/bottoms4.html

they look more like a straight 103 cut, these are the same BiG has ?

I don't know what BIG has, but I remember that the gentleman in the Osaka SDA store describing the 21oz jeans as '101 cut' and seeing them worn confirmed that.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the model number, so am unable to verify if the ones I saw were SD1405.

Yes but apparently they are sold out everywhere (some small sizes remaining at 2nd)

The 21oz denim Studio D' artisan uses is the exact same denim Iron Heart uses in there jeans. Iron Heart may even use a newer and more improved version! Eternal also used this for a 21oz jean they made.

Iron Heart uses this denim in all of there main line and most collaboration jeans, so check them out. Self Edge sells them here in America with free shipping.

Oh, and I have a size 32 Samurai S5000 21oz for sale in my signature if you were looking for that size.

Hope it helps!

The 21oz denim Studio D' artisan uses is the exact same denim Iron Heart uses in there jeans. Iron Heart may even use a newer and more improved version! Eternal also used this for a 21oz jean they made.

Thks for the info, didn't know that, in fact I have some IH 634S (and like them a lot, in winter on motorbike or scooter makes quite a difference for temperature), but iron heart denim is sanforized, and D'artisan 21oz is listed as shrink to fit, so how can they be the same ? What about the samourai 21oz denim ?

Thks for the info, didn't know that, in fact I have some IH 634S (and like them a lot, in winter on motorbike or scooter makes quite a difference for temperature), but iron heart denim is sanforized, and D'artisan 21oz is listed as shrink to fit, so how can they be the same ? What about the samourai 21oz denim ?

I can't really offer you anymore detail other than it is the same denim. I'm betting you that even though it is listed as "Shrink to Fit" it really has minimal shrinkage. I would shoot BIG an email to confirm.

It could be as a little of a difference as the Studio's being raw and the Iron Heart's being the "one wash" sanforization process (because that is all Sanforization really is.. an extreme one wash done before the fabric is cut and sewn).

Beautiful denim either way. Samurai's 21oz denim is a whole different beast than Iron Heart/Eternal/Studio D'artisan's 21oz denim. Not only is it extremely hard to produce and limited edition itt is a true (single warp and weft) 21oz denim where as the D'artisan and others is I believe a single warp and double weft or possibly a double warp and single weft. Either of which leads to the lighter color of the Iron Heart's and the strange slanted lines the Iron Heart denim seems to give off.

I like both (I have three pairs of Iron Hearts at my house!), but the Samurai takes the crown in heft, thickness, and how stiff it is.

Just picked up these amazing flannels. A little too hot for the Australian summer/early autumn but they'll get a lot of play over winter.

Just a couple of questions for anyone that has owned any SDA (or similar brand) flannel before:

Is the chain-stitch thread that hangs out from the side-seams likely to unravel with wear/wash and slowly bring the whole side apart?

Also, do these shirts require any special washing method (ie, vegetable soaps, hand-wash etc..) or can I just use regular detergent and throw them in the machine?

Thanks in advance!

image002flp.jpg

image001vww.jpg

image003q.jpg

got a pair of used SDAs the other day. my new pair from a couple years ago (raw) vs the pair i got the other day (post soak) i hot washed the pair i got this week because there seemed to be more shrinking left in them.

tag 30 true waist 30

SDA 103 pre soak

waist 32

front 11.5

back 13.5

thigh 11

knee 8.75

hem 8.25

inseam 36

sdafit.jpg

post-soak

waist 31.5

front 10

back 13.5

thigh 11

knee 8.25

hem 8

inseam 33

postsoaksdafit.jpg

now i can sell my pair of new SDAs if anyone is interested. check the sig

Does anyone here have a pair of SDA D1336? I belive they are for sale on the BiG website:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5103&category_id=19&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

From those of you guys who have a pair, could you tell me exactly how slim they are? im looking for a pair of jeans similar to Flat Head 1001's

I am thinking about selling my SDA XXX-28 Limited Edition (Natural Indigo/Cordovan Patch) - Size 36.

They were soaked once (30 degrees) and worn only once indoors.

I simply do not see that they will get any wear by me in the foreseeable future!

They come with the original box and denim banner!

#144 out of 161

See here for pics and measurements:

http://ringxring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236

See here for BiG offering ($620 excl. shipping)):

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2315&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Price:

$450 shipped worldwide ($170 off BiG price excl. shipping!)

€325 shipped to europe ($200 off BiG price excl. shipping and potential taxes!)

Supermarket Thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1703156#post1703156

I am thinking about selling my SDA XXX-28 Limited Edition (Natural Indigo/Cordovan Patch) - Size 36.

They were soaked once (30 degrees) and worn only once indoors.

I simply do not see that they will get any wear by me in the foreseeable future!

They come with the original box and denim banner!

#144 out of 161

See here for pics and measurements:

http://ringxring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236

See here for BiG offering ($620 excl. shipping)):

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2315&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Price:

$450 shipped worldwide ($170 off BiG price excl. shipping!)

€325 shipped to europe ($200 off BiG price excl. shipping and potential taxes!)

Supermarket Thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1703156#post1703156

What are the post soak measurements?

Shame, I would grab those up in a second but 37 waist, goddamn player.

Also, for anyone interested, I think there's like a 2nd smaller leather patch on these badboys inside the right pocket, and the patches are made of cordovan so it's pretty swank.

Shame, I would grab those up in a second but 37 waist, goddamn player.

Also, for anyone interested, I think there's like a 2nd smaller leather patch on these badboys inside the right pocket, and the patches are made of cordovan so it's pretty swank.

that's correct

• 3 weeks later...

Pair from a friend, D1002

6 months, initial soak, no subsequent soaks/washes

I really like how crispy the fades on these are, very clear and sharp lines...(apologize for butchering the light on the first shot so badly)

picture001jtx.jpg

picture003p.jpg

picture004ddn.jpg

picture006zop.jpg

picture007feb.jpg

picture008bfr.jpg