Jump to content
LFC4ever

Studio D'artisan

Recommended Posts

On 7/1/2017 at 0:20 PM, Niro said:

Has anyone tried the suvin gold stuff? Just wondering what the cotton feels like? They describe it as feeling 'cashmere-like'

Grail status. So soft. I have the SDA suvin sweatshirt and suvin indigo pocket t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.

They have bunch of suvin gold stuff scheduled within next couple of months. I've got my eye on the denim shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah! I didn't know that. I'm exited to see what they have to offer. Glad to know that they will be doing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Suvin Gold stuff is completely amazing.  I've not really felt anything like it before.

We actually have Suvin Gold jeans coming in the fall along with more sweaters (in new colors) and tees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Niro said:

Thanks.

They have bunch of suvin gold stuff scheduled within next couple of months. I've got my eye on the denim shirt

By far, Suvin is my favorite cotton for texture, feel and color (although I have yet to soak/wear the D1728). I have a pair of Suvin cotton UMII 908 Lee repro jeans from 2005 and the color and texture are wonderful. 45 RPM says the long staple cotton is a mix of Indian Sujata and Sea Island. The Ai Indigo blue is a deep rich color from the get go and ages beautifully and the feel really is cashmere/silky and improves with wear. Looking forward to Suvin cotton jeans from SDA. Here's hoping they use a reasonable cut with this beautiful cotton. The D1728 was, is and will be the last tight straight (or tight tapered or...) fit I buy no matter how exceptional the cotton. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lance said:

By far, Suvin is my favorite cotton for texture, feel and color (although I have yet to soak/wear the D1728). I have a pair of Suvin cotton UMII 908 Lee repro jeans from 2005 and the color and texture are wonderful. 45 RPM says the long staple cotton is a mix of Indian Sujata and Sea Island. The Ai Indigo blue is a deep rich color from the get go and ages beautifully and the feel really is cashmere/silky and improves with wear. Looking forward to Suvin cotton jeans from SDA. Here's hoping they use a reasonable cut with this beautiful cotton. The D1728 was, is and will be the last tight straight (or tight tapered or...) fit I buy no matter how exceptional the cotton. Thanks for the heads up.

Well said. I'm a little tired of seeing some exiting fabric offerings from various makers only to see they are only offered in little boy sizes with infant size rises

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^thanks, and the same goes for their shirts!

^^^^^ Niro, have you seen the shirt and if so, what style is it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lance said:

^thanks, and the same goes for their shirts!

^^^^^ Niro, have you seen the shirt and if so, what style is it?

 

workshirt. Behold the D5595 below:

D5595_01.jpg?t=20170602135758

D5595_02.jpg?t=20170602135821

D5595_05.jpg?t=20170620135610

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/D5595.html

Other upcoming Suvin Gold products:

D4418 15oz denim jacket:

D4418_01.jpg?t=20170603104300

D4418_02.jpg?t=20170603104322

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/D4418.html

D1755 15oz Jeans. Only the weft is made of suvin gold. The warp is made of supima cotton. Looks like the fit will be a tapered straight. Hope it will work for you Lance!

oDGf36T.JPG

D1755_01.jpg?t=20170603101951

More pics can be found here: http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/D1755.html

9886 Tsuriami Sweat Parka:

9886_01.jpg?t=20170603114658

9886_03.jpg?t=20170603114738

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/9886.html

9885 Tsuriami sweatshirt

9885_01.jpg?t=20170603110353

9885_03.jpg?t=20170603110440

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/9885.html

 

There might be more, but I haven't spotted.

Edited by Niro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for a great post, Niro, looks like SDA may have made my first denim jacket! Appears they've used a mix like they did with the D1728 but instead of Giza and Supima they've used Suvin and Supima.

Edit. There is a red x next to jacket size 44 and text. I don't read Japanese. Anyone know if the text means they've sold out of size 44 or didn't make it in size 44? Thanks

Edited by lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lance said:

Thanks for a great post, Niro, looks like SDA may have made my first denim jacket! Appears they've used a mix like they did with the D1728 but instead of Giza and Supima they've used Suvin and Supima.

Edit. There is a red x next to jacket size 44 and text. I don't read Japanese. Anyone know if the text means they've sold out of size 44 or didn't make it in size 44? Thanks

It can mean either. It's also not available for pre-order on Vintage Paradise store, so I think they may not have made in size 44 ( https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/sdd4418-17fw/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Niro, I'm going to have to have a talk with those boys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just took another look at my D1728; man, they are one cool pair of jeans. The Suvin Gold will likely be the same but sadly, the dimensions look, if anything, tighter than the D1728 so no go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lance that's a shame they won't work for you. If it makes you feel any better I will be looking to pick them up ^_^

Edited by Niro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can find the indigo (bleach) hoody? (9777ID-U)

Please PM me if you know of somewhere that has a XL. Thanks.

Edited by cool_hand
add info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Niro said:

@lance that's a shame they won't work for you. If it makes you feel any better I will be looking to pick them up ^_^

Niro, I'll look forward to your review and comparison to the D1728

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see SDA have opened a new store in Ebisu,  does anyone know if this is replacing M'arjuian in Shibuya 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped wearing these 103s bc the crotch got so tight but I put em on to take the dog out. 

 

IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LQW

Too bad that you can't fit in to them anymore since they're looking still almost new and so strong. Perhaps you know somebody else who could break them in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girlfriend fits them nicely but she won't wear them... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody bought the Suvin workshirt above?

Interested in hearing thoughts on detail, fabric/fit.

On the fence, need something to tip me over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LQW

Oh no

Can't you convince her?

I would love to beat the hell out of them for every single day straight for years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, longtime lurker on this thread but wanted to get around to posting my first SDA pair of the deck crew jeans. I'm a sucker for anything with a cinch and suspender buttons and the fit is pretty spot on as well. Would appreciate any comments/criticisms (bonus dog appearance) 

 

20170823_183010.thumb.jpg.a8f98fc86599c21a8a23927234c52f81.jpg20170823_183310.thumb.jpg.de36fb4bcc52bf4fc462c2559e9c64f3.jpg20170823_183254.thumb.jpg.13915d4c417de9a4579dd1f8799d298d.jpg

20170823_183301.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great Akruk

Rock them hardcore for ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Anyone has some evo pics of the D1728? How is this soft fabric evolving?

I have about 2 months of wear on mine. They are quite resistant to fading. Just a little bit in crotch and on the back pocket where my wallet is but that's about it. Nothing that pictures seem worth it for. I can attest to the softness of the fabric. The back of the top iron button has developed some rust already which is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine have about a month of wear so not much to show either yet. Now that summer is over they're back in my rotation though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I saw those also, but that big red A on back pocket :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program