Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

That rise measurement does not change across all sizes - I think the chart is wrong...

Wouldn't be the first time for SDA webshop charts to have mistakes being corrected later.

PSA doesn't have this cut on their website, yet and on Rakuten only Vintage offers them without size chart.

SDA says the release is scheduled for Mid-May to June - this means the measurements are pre-release and might get corrected once actual measurements become available.

Edited by Foxy2

^Seems to be the case. I noticed that to when I looked at the chart. 

waist: 92, fr: 26, thigh: 34, hem: 23

So SD's take on a '66 cut in size 36 is identical to the 103.

I suspect, however, that that 10" front rise might be closer to 11" since they list the front rise on the 103 as 26cm as well even though by all other accounts it's 11". Still too low though. 

Although almost invariably a size 36 in jeans, I might have to go 38 in the 103. I've tried on the 36 103 and they fit great..... raw.

I had the same experience trying on TTS 103s a couple of weeks ago; they were raw and the waist was almost too tight as it was. I went up a size and now they fit well. SDA's denim doesn't seem to shrink a great deal regardless.

Will self edge be carrying that cut?

No sorry, we didn't order the 1709, the rise quoted for the sample seemed quite low for the style of cut.

Edited by kiya

For those interested, SDA also offers a Vietnam War model (at least that's what I think they tried to "reproduce"

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/D1708.html

I saw these a week or two ago on Vintage for preorder and thought they looked really nice.

Don't need any jeans at the moment, plus that low rise is not for me.

Seems like SDA continueing with the trend of past 2-3 years:

Using the top block of their 103 cut as the basis for all/most of their new models.

Must be their most successful base cut...

Well shiiiiit. I guess I'll have to answer the call, Sugar Mountain. I wrote up a review of them for Heddels last fall, but I'll throw in a few comments here. The rear rise is a little low for me but overall this might be my favorite pair of jeans. Killer denim and details. Orgueil makes some of the best items on the market, imo, I really love em. I also have a shirt of theirs which is really well made. I've been wanting the cossack jacket for a long time but they don't make it big enough for me.

Here are some more pics.

20150429_132038_zpsa5tdbzzm.jpg

DSC_0025%201_zpsfvdd4kxu.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsfwzxwqfa.jpg

DSC_0037%201_zpsohboax9h.jpg

DSC_0042%201_zpswikp5jcv.jpg

_DSC0311%201_zpszc6xqjcm.jpg

*Edit* the suspenders were on a little too tight that day.

Edited by thebottomclef

Gave my 103s another hot wash and dried 'em out in the sun--seems like they've shrunk pretty fully now.

It's 28 degrees today! So I figured to go up to the water tower a few minutes walk from school.

jdj.jpg

I told myself I'd work on an essay, but mostly ended up just looking out at the view.

jdj_2.jpg

My only justification for drinking PBR is that it's nearly the end of classes for the year, and I'm becoming acutely aware of how quickly I'm running out of money!

jdj_3.jpg

Anyway, these jeans are great, and I can't recommend SDA highly enough right now. I don't think I've ever had a pair of pants fit so well. I've also never had a pair of pants get so darn hot, but that's another matter...

Love that jacket BrownMetallic, I know SDA came out with another type I fairly recently. The model number escapes me but I saw it on PSA. Pocket looks a bit smaller and also has a red tab on it.

Edit: Here's the one I'm thinking about, the D4376. Looks great.

D4376_00.png?t=20150723162944

And some more shots: http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/D4376.html

Pardon me, I would like to introduce another version of D4376 Type I Duck Brown Jacket Mid Weight Duck Brown Fabric, size 36. I bought this jacket at the @denimhouseid in Jakarta, Indonesia.

26634662506_ccdbc9941e_k.jpg

@alvin_cheong this is detail sizing from the duck jacket

26408261930_c57d59c98c_k.jpg

Spec :

• Mid-Weight Duck Fabric

• One Washed

• 100% Cotton

• Nickel Buttons

• Made In Japan

Price :

READY STOCK

38, 40, 42

26615405091_9f8d3c2bce_h.jpg

26615406251_634bc3acfd_b.jpg

26615407261_c1ac54db52_b.jpg

IMHO this brown duck jacket now is discontinued, but you can try to get them at this store :

Denim House Address

Komplek Daan Mogot Baru

Jalan Jimbaran LA12A/11

Kalideres, Jakarta Barat

DKI Jakarta 11840

Indonesia

Contact Informations

CS1 (WA/SMS/CALL): ‪0859-20000-501‬

CS2 (WA/SMS/CALL): ‪0838-71659-555‬

PIN BBM 1: 2B1D4AE5 (Full)

PIN BBM 2: 521CD057

EMAIL : ‪[email protected]‬

INSTAGRAM : @denimhouseid

BLOG : denimhouse.blogspot.com

LINE : @denimhouseid

Edited by hovgasm

Hey dear Sda fans,

got this today: M65 mustard.

My grand father being a fisherman in French Brittany, Concarneau, this kind of color has always been part of my childhood.

So this piece is a way to combine my legacy and my passion for Japanese made goods, especially Studio d'Artisan.

Real color closer to the first picture below.

26718739835_633ae3e337_z.jpg

26718737645_e46789a1ff_n.jpg26718732715_4026f09123_n.jpg

26115168543_c8253e3556_z.jpg

Quick fit pic:

26718731575_51586bdfb4_b.jpg

Cheers

Are all SDA t-shirts loopwheeled? 

There's couple of awesome designs in their new range. I wouldn't mind spending that kind of money (over 6k yen) if they were loopwheeled.