Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

So I'm bummed. I got my SD-101XXs in the mail the other day and they are sized significantly differently than the regular 101s (which I have tried on for size). In order to get the fit I want I will have to size down two from the pair I ordered. I'm unsure if this sizing difference worked its way into the SD-103XXs or not, but it's something to be aware of as I know a lot of people have sizing issues with SDAs. I know that this is probably surprising news given that most of the advice typically recommends sizing up one or going true to size.

On the bright side, the denim is beautiful, the selvege is really interesting, and these jeans smell INCREDIBLE--much more aromatic than any other jeans I've dealt with. Those of you into the tactile/sensual dimension of 'our denim thing' will really enjoy this new round of SDA natural indigos.

I'll try to post a few pics before I sell these.

• 2 weeks later...
if i want to get the SD103s and want the arcs and tag, should i just buy it off the SDA website? or is there some other site that's easier to get it from?

I believe BiG sells SDA's with the new arcs. If you want the OG arc and tabs you are going to have to find a proxy.

if your looking for the old tab and arcs your going to have a hard time finding them as a lot of stores in japan are sold out with the old arcs and tab. what size are you looking for. ill have to check to see if i was able to come across it when i was looking for my size via a proxy. if your looking for the new arcs i think BIG leaves the new ones on, if not they are readily available in japan

thanks billiamphan for hooking me up with your pair

if your looking for the old tab and arcs your going to have a hard time finding them as a lot of stores in japan are sold out with the old arcs and tab. what size are you looking for. ill have to check to see if i was able to come across it when i was looking for my size via a proxy. if your looking for the new arcs i think BIG leaves the new ones on, if not they are readily available in japan

thanks billiamphan for hooking me up with your pair

i wouldnt mind buying it from BiG as long as they come with tags, but i looked at their site and they dont have the tags. and if you do find some SDAs with old tags and arcs please pm me, it would be much appreciated. thanks man.

I have a pair of brand new SD103s in a size 31 that I don't think I can fit into that have the old arcs and tabs. I'd be willing to let them go for the right price, but I might try to just slim down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Can Someone help me size the Studio D'artisan 203? I want to get 103's with the old arcs and tab but they are basically sold out everywhere on rakuten and almost impossible to get. Therefore I am going to purchase the 203 which are the same cut from what I read just lighter denim which doesnt bother me. I need help to size them and also was wondering whether they are Shrink to Fit or not? I wear a 30 RRDS and a 29 APC Rescue and prolly could have gone to a 28. This would be my first Japenese denim, I would definitely appreciate any help that can be offered.

I got SD 101's from BIG early January. After the soak, they were way too tight- and I was devistated. I wore them with the top button undone for a week or so and now they fit. They are coming along lovely, much nicer fading then I expected this soon (nothing pic worthy though).

Can Someone help me size the Studio D'artisan 203? I want to get 103's with the old arcs and tab but they are basically sold out everywhere on rakuten and almost impossible to get. Therefore I am going to purchase the 203 which are the same cut from what I read just lighter denim which doesnt bother me. I need help to size them and also was wondering whether they are Shrink to Fit or not? I wear a 30 RRDS and a 29 APC Rescue and prolly could have gone to a 28. This would be my first Japenese denim, I would definitely appreciate any help that can be offered.

I sent you a pm

• 3 months later...

theyre indigo and most likely the SDA-103 is what youre looking for.

keep in mind, theyre the slim straight pair but theyre not as slim as APC NS's or Dukes.

and next time, look through the 9 pages of information that already exists about SDA's or any other jeans for that matter before asking an obvious question thats been answered probably 2-3 times per page.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

X-post from the Workshirt Thread.

Just picked up this Studio d'Artisan workshirt. It is a dark, heavy chambray that is sanforized, very stiff, and a bit hairy. It's a wonderful shirt.

3051890476_27ea25ff7b.jpg

Lined tab collar:

3051054017_5fe78d419a.jpg

Redline selvage gusset, lined cuffs, and chainstitch runoff:

3051890940_58edde7fe6.jpg