Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

I have an unaltered size 30 sd-103 with arcs and tabs that are just too darn tight for me. I've been debating selling or trading them and have finally decided to let them go. I don't think I'll ever be able to fit them :(

I've soaked them and put about a week into them and there are small amounts of wear in the regular places. I haven't taken pics or put them on the supermarket, but if anyone is interested hit me up. I could send pictures if anyone is interested.

They'll probably shrink a lot more still if they haven't been washed yet...mine did anyway.

I have an unaltered size 30 sd-103 with arcs and tabs that are just too darn tight for me. I've been debating selling or trading them and have finally decided to let them go. I don't think I'll ever be able to fit them :(

I've soaked them and put about a week into them and there are small amounts of wear in the regular places. I haven't taken pics or put them on the supermarket, but if anyone is interested hit me up. I could send pictures if anyone is interested.

i couldn't even button my sda's 103 when i first got them. but as i wore them, and they've broken in a bit, they actually the first jeans for me that really conform to your body in a good way. if 30 is your true waist, i'd say keep em.

i couldn't even button my sda's 103 when i first got them. but as i wore them, and they've broken in a bit, they actually the first jeans for me that really conform to your body in a good way. if 30 is your true waist, i'd say keep em.

Completely agree, I bought my true waist size in 103's and they have streched out perfectly, I think that I could have even sized down one and been fine. Just need a little time to break them in, after that they are tough to hang up.

Talking about sufu indoctrination, I just got my first pair of Japanese denim. Got the same size as my Nudies (yeah yeah don't bash). SDA 103s are warm soaking right now... will possibly post fit pics tonight if I toss in dryer (still a bit hesitiant). I think I will do two hot soaks just to get more starch out.

Does anyone know the differences between these 2 models?

From what I've been able to find out the D-1002 is LHT and has a slightly longer inseam.

Other than that, they appear to be the same cut.

Does anyone own either model that might shed some light?

thx in advance

• 3 weeks later...

haven't seen much intel comparing these models so, having just added a pair of 203s (brand new samples, ebay £35 - not bad huh?) to the 103s i've had for a couple of months, here's the dope:

the 203 is basically the 103 in sanforized, 14oz, slubbier denim. they have a massive 37inch inseam.

the 203R is the same deal but with red stitching throughout. these were the ones i got and, half expecting them to be hideous in real life, was surprised at how lovely and subtle the red stitch looks against the deep SDA indigo.

i threw them in the machine at 40 degrees to check shrinkage - they don't! to get the equivalent size to the 103 (post-soaked) you'd need to take a size down. i have both models in a 32 and while the 103s stretch very little post-soak, the 203s stretched a little beyond their original size.

verdict? really good and nice to have in the lighter denim. i'd imagine there's quite a few pairs of the 203R floating about with the old arcs as well - they've probably been discontinued now anyway :)

Completely agree, I bought my true waist size in 103's and they have streched out perfectly, I think that I could have even sized down one and been fine. Just need a little time to break them in, after that they are tough to hang up.

I had the opposite experience with my SD-101's. I hot soaked my size 30 (my true waist) for 2 hours and it came out very tight. It was a definite struggle to get all the buttons done. I wore them for 6 month and they hardly stretched. They were starting to smell at 6 months so I cold washed them without detergent. The waist shrunk even more and now I can't wear them. They are just sitting in my drawer. Now that I think about it, I should've sold them by now.

Yeah, my SD-103 was the first pair of unsanforized raw denim I bought and I made a mistake in what size to get. They're lovely and I really tried to fit in them so I wore them a few times but they're just too tight. After a few more hot soaks/washes they'll be way too small in the waist. Now they're up for grabs in supermarket - go get them! (size 34)

Cross posted from the evolution thread. D1002, I guess about 4.5 months. No wash.

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

hey do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any pictures of how these jeans fit? also, how did they shrink (did you need to get them hemmed?) My RRDG are getting worn to dust and i was trying to replace them with something of similar fit, and these look like they would fit the bill. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I would just like to give some sizing advice on these.

These are 203s (which are sanforized) and I ordered a pair in size 31, while my F380s are size 32 which fit snugly at the waist

The size 31 felt pretty forgiving around the waist and throughout the legs,so I guess it would look pretty baggy once the denim stretches (although I haven't worn it enough to notice any stretching). The inseam is also pretty damn long, I think mine is around 37 inches after a hot wash to see if I can get these to shrink a bit more. Since I don't own a pair of 103s, I can't really compare the fits, but I suspect that they are probably cut from the same pattern, just with different denim (sanforised vs unsanforised) given how people comment on the 103s being relatively slim fitting for japanese denim. If I had known about this, I probably would have sized down 2 size rather than 1 to get a fit closer to true-to-size 103s.

Of course, that's just my own experience with the 203s, so my advice may or may not be useful

any update on these? i cant find the 103's in the old tab and arc so i was looking into these since the cut is the same just a different denim.

thanks

any update on these? i cant find the 103's in the old tab and arc so i was looking into these since the cut is the same just a different denim.

thanks

What size are you chan? I have a brand new sd-103 (OG arcs and tabs) sittin in my closet that I never even put on. It's a size 30, pm me if you want more info.

the red/yellow/blue stitching are called the D1275 I believe, I would love to know what the silhouette is for these jeans, but they're lovely, especially the one with the blue stitching..

Just picked up a pair from an ebay seller based in Canada - dirt cheap (They seam the real deal) - shipped to UK. Anyway - pre soak measurements (size 32):

Waist - 17"

FR - 11.5"

BR - 15"

Tigh - 12"

LO - 9"

Inseam - just under 33"

(I'm worried the inseam is gonna shrink too short after a hot soak - these may end up in Supermarket)

Crappy rushed photos:

sda4.jpg

sda2-1.jpg

sda1-1.jpg

sda3-1.jpg

These are a bit looser than I'm used to, the denim is very dark and non-slubby. The selvedge is interesting, block colour light blue on one side with a speckling of silver thread, and orange on the other with a speckling of gold.

Jesus - shoulda searched better. Only cost me £20, under £40 shipped, but it still stings. If something seems to get to be true etc etc. Oh well, new decorating/gardening/fucking about in jeans. Let my stupidity be a lesson to you all...oh yeah, and don't buy shit from here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mangodenim

• 2 weeks later...
Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

anyone know if the SDA-003 will fade like these left hand samurais? i havent seen any worn pics of the 003's but since they are left hand twill i wasnt sure. old arc 003s are still available and i would like to get some SDAs instead of another pair of samurais even though i do like these jins just to change things up.

thanks