Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

i just bought a pair of sd-103's from blue in green and had to watch while they unpicked the pocket stich and cut off the white tag before i could leave with them. fucking brutal. i know they have to do that and it's a cool shop but the white tag and dot thing was cool and nothing like a levi's tag. love these jeans but a tad bummed...

Is it some weird US law they have to do it while customer is present? :)

i just bought a pair of sd-103's from blue in green and had to watch while they unpicked the pocket stich and cut off the white tag before i could leave with them. fucking brutal. i know they have to do that and it's a cool shop but the white tag and dot thing was cool and nothing like a levi's tag. love these jeans but a tad bummed...

that would be tough to watch without interferring

mysticriver_wideweb__430x258.jpg

the new arcs are at least SOMEWHAT representative of their old ones

i dont think its bad at all, just a slight twist on the old

and besides if you dont like it...just seam rip it!

what do you mean by traffic jeans, the 2xx series?

Sorry...I'm wrong, I think the Traffic jeans only had coloured backpocket stitching (red, blue or yellow).Traffic was just the name of the series (or Traffic Safety...something like that). This model is just a 203 with red stitching. There was also a WWII model that had red backpocket stitching.

the red/yellow/blue stitching are called the D1275 I believe, I would love to know what the silhouette is for these jeans, but they're lovely, especially the one with the blue stitching..

i too was interested in the fit/silhouette of these but that idea has been put on hold for a long while. still would be interested to know though

anyone know anything about these??

i am digging the red stitching.....and the price aint all that bad....

img1024390225.jpeg

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/483286/484656/#439689

I would just like to give some sizing advice on these.

These are 203s (which are sanforized) and I ordered a pair in size 31, while my F380s are size 32 which fit snugly at the waist

The size 31 felt pretty forgiving around the waist and throughout the legs,so I guess it would look pretty baggy once the denim stretches (although I haven't worn it enough to notice any stretching). The inseam is also pretty damn long, I think mine is around 37 inches after a hot wash to see if I can get these to shrink a bit more. Since I don't own a pair of 103s, I can't really compare the fits, but I suspect that they are probably cut from the same pattern, just with different denim (sanforised vs unsanforised) given how people comment on the 103s being relatively slim fitting for japanese denim. If I had known about this, I probably would have sized down 2 size rather than 1 to get a fit closer to true-to-size 103s.

Of course, that's just my own experience with the 203s, so my advice may or may not be useful

that would be tough to watch without interferring

mysticriver_wideweb__430x258.jpg

sure fucking was! but you know i could tell it was a really serious thing for them so i laughed it off. apparantly they'd actually had spies from levi's coming into the store to make sure they weren't selling anything naughty.

Anyone with experience in Studio Dartisans D-00 series? I want a natural indigo SDA but I dont like the cinch on the D01s, so Im only left with the D02s. The sizing chart says that both the D01/D02 fall into the same fit catagory as the 101 - Regular Straight. But to buy the D02 and come to find out it's silhouette is that of the 102 would be devastating. Can anyone comment on this?

i have a pair of d-01 and they are big ol' jeans

admitedly they are a size up from my sc47s (the most loose jeans i have) but they are still a whole lot bigger

much more early 1900s work wear

i have no other sda experience though so it may be just that they are a little big on me ( i still like em though :) )

the waist fits o.k. but they are very loose all the way down to the leg opening which must be around 5 inches....

Sorry...I'm wrong, I think the Traffic jeans only had coloured backpocket stitching (red, blue or yellow).Traffic was just the name of the series (or Traffic Safety...something like that). This model is just a 203 with red stitching. There was also a WWII model that had red backpocket stitching.

I corrected myself here.

I have an unaltered size 30 sd-103 with arcs and tabs that are just too darn tight for me. I've been debating selling or trading them and have finally decided to let them go. I don't think I'll ever be able to fit them :(

I've soaked them and put about a week into them and there are small amounts of wear in the regular places. I haven't taken pics or put them on the supermarket, but if anyone is interested hit me up. I could send pictures if anyone is interested.