Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

On 8/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, wavehead said:

the fabric looks wonderful, but it also looks like it’s very high tension... does it breathe well at all?

Its high tension weaved but not extremely high. Its thick and very durable. Its breathability is normal but probably is not the best tee to wear at 40c degrees 

@dau how’s the fit? Any shrink or stretch in the fabric? 

Looks like I’m right between a 31 and 32 as far as measurement go, but it seems I can only find 32’s for sale (after searching rakuten and yahoo auctions as well) but I have a feeling a 31 might be closer to what I’m looking for.   

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

@dau how’s the fit? Any shrink or stretch in the fabric? 

Looks like I’m right between a 31 and 32 as far as measurement go, but it seems I can only find 32’s for sale (after searching rakuten and yahoo auctions as well) but I have a feeling a 31 might be closer to what I’m looking for.   

I bought them looking on measurements - sized down 1 - and they resulted to be too slim for me. So keep in mind that they have low rise and pretty slim through the leg. Some day will definitely buy them again in my size.

Also have Orgueil German Trousers and they are also great pants all the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long time no see, sufu!

I recently became aware of the SDA 40th Anniversary stuff with the G3 loom fabrics... of particular interest to me is the G-004, the double indigo model. I assume it would behave similarly to the other G3 variants they're producing in terms of shrinkage and stretch, so my question is essentially how to size this fabric. I'm thinking a raw 31 would be best for the waist to settle around 32"?

@altoclefchris I’ve got the G-003 from SDA, which I believe is based on the same cut, just using grey weft G3 denim rather than the indigo x indigo. On my broken-in and freshly laundered tag size 32 pair, the waist is 32” on the dot if I measure with the waist pulled taut.

Two quick notes of caution:

1. Although the measurements online suggest these are a mid-rise fit, they don’t rise close to my true waist which means that 32” waist measurement feels as tight as a 30.5-31” true high rise pair.

2. Looking at the measurements on Okayama Denim and Self Edge for both models, it looks like the G-004 production run might be cut a smidge larger in sizes 31 & 32 than the G-003 run that I own.

Edited by FeloniousMonk

Came across these on Yahoo Auctions, Seasir jeans made by SDA. Never heard of this sub brand before and can't find much else out about them.
Just thought I would share and see if anyone else had heard of these before.
i-img1198x1200-1568268816jqufui323.jpg
i-img1200x936-1568268816ndda5o323.jpg
i-img640x1200-1568268816bdunfk323.jpg
Found a faded example as well.
i-img1200x900-1555836828ub8nlt21769.jpg
i-img1200x900-1555836828v2x48q21769.jpg
i-img1200x900-15558368288wlosf21769.jpg
i-img1200x900-1555836862a1kdnz575.jpg
i-img1200x900-1555836829ldexja21769.jpg
i-img1200x900-15558368292bi2zn21769.jpg

Good spot Broark, I’ve heard of the Seasir jeans, mentioned on p29 of my Lightning ‘The Denim Book’ vol 62 from 2009. Unfortunately I can’t upload the photo of the jeans and associated text due to issues (200 error)

Very interesting, I had never heard of them before. I'd consider buying them but given the lack of measurements besides a listed 84 cm. waist I think they'd be too small. 
Would love to see the Lightning upload! Have you used a hosting site like Imgur before?
Pretty painless, just drag and drop the image into the site and copy the link once it uploads.  That's how I've always posted my photos.

I've seen plenty of these Seasir collaborations pop up on yahoo.jp in the past - less frequent these days, which makes me think that they are a thing of the past...

Seasir is a Japanese diving company from Okinawa, which explains a lot of the frequently featured marine and Okinawa-based motives (the dogs - シーサー Shīsā, Okinawan: shiisaa) on those jeans.

Edited by Foxy2

On 9/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Good spot Broark, I’ve heard of the Seasir jeans, mentioned on p29 of my Lightning ‘The Denim Book’ vol 62 from 2009. Unfortunately I can’t upload the photo of the jeans and associated text due to issues (200 error)

Here you are Broark, it’s not much unfortunately.

E292C9B2-274E-4031-BA6F-133E1F61A880.jpeg

The G-003s did indeed work out! They're a little on the loose side but it's not too bad, if I had gotten the 31 I probably would be worried about them shrinking too much come wash time. The taper on this cut is no joke though- I'm lucky I'm shaped like I am or this wouldn't work at all. The warp has some serious slubs in it, feels really nice. I'm super excited to have some double indigo too.

_DQ_3923.jpg

_DQ_3926.jpg

_DQ_3924.jpg

Edited by altoclefchris