Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

The measurements, before even putting them on for the first time, are: waist 34.5, front rise 11.8, back rise 16, thighs 13.5, knee 10.3.

So basically like an SD-101 with bigger legs.

39 minutes ago, JDelage said:

The measurements, before even putting them on for the first time, are: waist 34.5, front rise 11.8, back rise 16, thighs 13.5, knee 10.3.

So basically like an SD-101 with bigger legs.

Thanks for that. If that's the case then, they're basically not for me, I just couldn't make the SD-101 work for me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

My 107 don't fit me anymore and I often gaze longingly at them. I really need to cop another pair as the SDA 15oz denim is the best I've ever had.

Any one intrested in a well loved and worn pair in 31 waist at a resonance Sufu special price PM me. 

Tons of stuff to preorder on OD for the 40th anniversary, including things I don't think I've seen on the site.

That crazy patchwork jacket is fun but I'm not sure I'd want to pay $800 for it...

Edited by JDelage

On 4/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, JDelage said:

For those interested I have a couple SDA t-shirts (green LS henley in XL and a SS "real aging" indigo tee which would fit a M) on the 'bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323777669111

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323777679301

Ending in an hour or so and currently going for cheap...

On 4/15/2019 at 1:38 AM, JDelage said:

@mikecch - I agree, nice write up + pics.

Could you post the measurements of your pair please?

Hey mate, SDA mentioned that the waist / top block will receive minor adjustments after my sample pairs were made... So, it is better to ask Denimio to measure an actual retail pair for you. 

On 4/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, JDelage said:

More announcements of 40th Anniversary pieces in various dyes ... all in exactly the same low-rise relaxed tapered cut.

Low rise? I thought the rise was higher than my D1714’s (size 30). But i’m not an expert on fits, maybe i should not compare with size 30?

What do you Guys think about the dyes? Worth getting a pair? I was interested in the cherry blossom dye, but I wonder if anyone besides me, Will notice? I mean non-denim connaisseurs, like my mom or sister.

Edited by dutch_MP
Clearify

Quick peak of the 102 mystery jeans fresh out the wash.

Arcs are coming undone on the right side, hidden rivets are peaking through, crotch is wearing thinner and the leather patch is starting to crack here and there.
Really like this denim, reacts super well to frequent washing and dirty wear!

IMG_20190429_175714.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, about a week ago I just won a giveaway on instagram and the prize was a 106. Really stoked to wear this pair because my previous 107 hasn't reached it's full potential due to an early retirement

SzHjemg.jpg

Looking at them side by side like this reminded me of why I bought an sda in the first place. At first I thought my 107 wasn't really that faded but seeing the worn 107 and the new one wash 106, I realize that I have put some wear on my jeans.

Shout out to Limbro Denim and Denim Enthusiasts for hooking me up with this brand new jeans. You guys rock!

Nice win!

I'm really fighting the urge to cop a new pair of SDA as my old pair are to small now. Seeing the  old/new comparison between the 15oz denim makes it even more tempting :D

107 in 31 were a great fit for me originally but middle age spread means sizing up at least one and the measurements don't work as well in a 32. I may go 108 for more room in the top block, with the hem to a 30 leg the taper won't look so aggressive either.....

Worn in size 31 going cheap by the way......

@Geeman - I’m glad you realise that getting older means your meggings days are over! You should really be looking at the 101 with more room for growth, alternatively the 103 or 106. At least the 108s have more ‘junk’ room. We look forward to your final decision :cool:

@mpukas @geeman

Thanks mate.

Upon closer inspection, I realize that there's a lot of different details between the older lot 106 and the newer lot 107 (I don't know the 106 year of production but I guess it's at least 5 years old and I bought the 107 back in 2017)

The 106 is the overseas model and the 107 is the jdm model so the patch is different as usual. The one thing that surprised me is that the 106 doesn't feature raised beltloops. I really liked raised beltloops so the absence of it really surprised me (I know that the pre lawsuit sda doesn't have the raised beltloops). Other than that a lot of the stitching color is different. On the older 106 copper stitching is really prominent but on the 107 lemon color stitching is the way to go I suppose. I might have to take pictures of the differences tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thinking b_F, I must say that other than the 101s, SDA offer nothing of interest to me any longer. I know they’ve always been a bit experimental but just about everything they produce seems wide of the mark to me. I’m just glad I bought a pair of the 001s years ago (still waiting patiently in their crispy rawness). I’ve no idea why SDA stopped producing the 00 range in that lovely left hand twill denim. Here they are:

801947C5-E5B8-494E-A038-394B02219B2C.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

SDA is very innovative the last months/year. I read somewhere they had a change in management (something similar TFH is undergoing maybe?!). Maybe that’s the reason?
They shell out a big range of denim and models lately (they always did that to an extent) but in contrary to Samurai, the new models are all quite wearable and not too overdone in terms of details. Except for the crazy jeans of course :D

But it’s just too many, you feel kinda flooded. Brands like Warehouse or Sugar Cane are offering a manageable amount of new jeans but when you see Samurai, Oni or now SDA they have a new model every other week.
To counteract a shrinking market?

I still like a lot SDA is doing and they are pushing the limits without overplaying it (most of the time) but none of the new stuff interests me so much that I would want to buy it.
Also too many special editions and limited releases (that said, the Suvin Gold 1755 and the G3 denim line jeans seem to be a staple and are regularly restocked).

Upon reading through the Leepro thread, I found posts about my old D1388. You also reminded me about them and now I miss them :D

I concur w/ these sentiments... while I've only had one pair of SDA - D1677 AI - they were an amazing pair, but shrunk up to be too small and the rise was absurdly low. I'd really like to get another SDA pair to have in my meager collection, but none of their cuts really are very appealing to me. Overall I think they're one of the top brands in terms of design, details, materials and construction. I do find it impressive that they can continue to be so diverse and maintain <what appears to me to be> a consistently high level of quality. Samurai is very diverse in their jeans fits and denim, and their QC has had issues... 

On 5/9/2019 at 11:34 AM, Geeman said:

Nice win!

I'm really fighting the urge to cop a new pair of SDA as my old pair are to small now. Seeing the  old/new comparison between the 15oz denim makes it even more tempting :D

107 in 31 were a great fit for me originally but middle age spread means sizing up at least one and the measurements don't work as well in a 32. I may go 108 for more room in the top block, with the hem to a 30 leg the taper won't look so aggressive either.....

Worn in size 31 going cheap by the way......

Sadly I've had to retire my SDA  307 too.

I've spend some time on calisthenics for the past 2 years and well...no more room for the quads/harmstrings.

So I've just received and washed a pair of DM003, the Denimio collab. The fit is nice, much roomier in the thighs area for the same size tag.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

SDA is very innovative the last months/year. I read somewhere they had a change in management (something similar TFH is undergoing maybe?!). Maybe that’s the reason?
They shell out a big range of denim and models lately (they always did that to an extent) but in contrary to Samurai, the new models are all quite wearable and not too overdone in terms of details. Except for the crazy jeans of course :D

But it’s just too many, you feel kinda flooded. Brands like Warehouse or Sugar Cane are offering a manageable amount of new jeans but when you see Samurai, Oni or now SDA they have a new model every other week.
To counteract a shrinking market?

I still like a lot SDA is doing and they are pushing the limits without overplaying it (most of the time) but none of the new stuff interests me so much that I would want to buy it.
Also too many special editions and limited releases (that said, the Suvin Gold 1755 and the G3 denim line jeans seem to be a staple and are regularly restocked).

Upon reading through the Leepro thread, I found posts about my old D1388. You also reminded me about them and now I miss them :D

Maybe the large amount of different offerings has to do with their 40th anniversary? Some kind of midlifecrisis crisis. I agree, those offerings with different kinds of denim in one piece of clothing are too much. On the other hand, I’m really happy with those fox denim offerings

Yes sure, this year they realease a lot of stuff for their 40th anniversary.
Are the Sakura, New Leaves, Chestnut and Charcoal dyed wefts also considered as 40th anniversary models?!

I just noticed I never posted fit pics of the G-002. They are a slim straight with a medium rise (by my standards). Too bad, SDA releases so many model in their new, heavily tapered 108 cut...

QVcq5fvl.jpgXpFXtKDl.jpgqgaXhbSl.jpg