Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

On 11/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, -KapitalSteez- said:

Had my eyes on a cinched back wider pair of jeans for a while that still has belt loops. Just saw the preorder for the 40th anniversary heritage pair and jumped on it immediately! The 13oz will hopefully give it some nice movement and soft creasing.

Is that the SP-028, with the suspender loops? How do you like it?

It certainly doesn't require them, and in fact those loops are a bit of a puzzle for me. Most suspenders I've seen would not work (or not well) with them. With this pair of jeans, you need an X-back type pair of suspenders (most are Y-type), with some way to grab loops (most attach to buttons). The model I posted is the only one I could envision would work well.

2 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

This type of suspenders will work...(pic stolen from the internet)

Well, you need an X-back suspender because the SDA pants have 2 loops in the back, not a single central one. The clips will probably catch the loops, but clip suspenders are not as nice as other set ups IMHO.

Right - good thing the jeans fit...

I think the loops are for hanging the jeans up for drying after washing.

maybe it’s time to up our suspenders game?

D4AFDF60-4100-4DED-AFC6-67D732AF7082.jpeg

05D5053D-F5A0-4BBC-80E5-C5F63F3D8EAA.jpeg

Edited by Foxy2

16 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Well, you need an X-back suspender because the SDA pants have 2 loops in the back, not a single central one. The clips will probably catch the loops, but clip suspenders are not as nice as other set ups IMHO.

Some of my suspenders have a leather fold with hook on the backside (see the first pic) to hold a clip for the waistband or a leather strap with button holes (for waistband buttons) - the leather fold will hold the fabric strap from the jeans. The problem with the single back strap remains...

Edited by Foxy2

4 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the right beard to wear that... Quite the set up...

Beard and tattoo are obligatory - but at least one is mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...

Great detail shots @mikecch

On 3/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, swiss-jeansfreak said:

Great detail shots @mikecch

Thanks mate!

On 3/25/2019 at 6:48 PM, redragon said:

@mikecch

Lack of pigs on the leather patch is weird.

Haha, sure is.

Although, it might be challenging to do cute calligraphy pigs.

I like those denims. Interesting to look at from the get-go.

In other news, I was able to order a pair of SD-102-CB from Japan. I've been away for the past 3 weeks but I expect I'll find them home upon my return.

Yes, they have a clinch back. I've only seen them at 2 shops:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/organweb/item/sd-102-cb/ aka https://www.jah-haze.co.jp/SHOP/SD-102-CB.html

and

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/samuraicraft/item/sd-102cb/ (That's who I got them from but the size 36 is not listed anymore. I might have gotten the last one...)

I don't know if that's a special run for those shops or if it's NOS from 2017: http://www.dartisan.co.jp/shop/yokohamamotomachi/blog/2017/08/18/%E6%97%A9%E3%81%8F%E3%82%82%E9%81%8E%E3%81%94%E3%81%97%E6%98%93%E3%81%8F%E3%81%AA%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A6%E5%8F%82%E3%82%8A%E3%81%BE%E3%81%97%E3%81%9F/

Edited by JDelage