Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

• 4 weeks later...

Yea SDA lately have been coming up with top notch stuff (ignoring the ultraman collab stuff).

This new denim is very interesting, especially that 'coyote brown' weft.

@Geeman no I didn't. Just went to the Osaka store and bought a cool t-shirt. SDA has really a bunch of cool designs :)

The G-002 are great! First I only dared to soak them since I feared they would shrink to much but after I saw how stretchy the denim is, I gave them a proper wash. Still fit great and the inseam came in to 34".

The denim is also really rough and textured. The slubs are fading to an electric blue while the denim underneath stays still brownish dark blue. 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Haven’t checked in for a while. The whole Sally Fox cotton sounds really intriguing. I knew a bit about natural colored beige cotton but had no idea all these colors were even possible. Very cool to see people out there with the dedication needed to keep these things from being lost in history.

For any who want to nerd out, here is an interesting video of Sally Fox and her organically grown colored cotton. http://gardenrant.com/2017/10/sally-fox-legendary-cotton-breeder.html

edit: cool find, b_F! SDA, those boys really know their stuff. From Ai dye to organically grown colored cotton to the finest ELS cotton available; they’ve loomed, dyed and offered some of the wildest jeans I own, keep em comin SDA!

Edited by lance

Good info! I never knew such cotton existed. Good to see a more environmentally cotton resurface again.

I think I'm gonna look into getting these. Have they released any jeans in the 108 cut already? Wanted to see what measurements were like from elsewhere

been around and documented since pre-Columbian Inca times - nice to see Sally Fox make her way into Japan Denim.

Huston Textiles has also become part of her network, so it seems...

Edited by Foxy2

• 3 weeks later...

Some real life measurements of the new SD-108 in one-wash, provided by Naoki @PSA
First group shows centimeters, the second group is in inches.

size 34 36   34 36
waist 85,5  89,5   33,66" 35,24"
front rise 27 28   10,63" 11,02"
back rise 37 38   14,57" 14,96"
thigh 32,5 33,5   12,80" 13,19"
leg opening 18 19   7,09" 7,48"
inseam 83 83   32,68" 32,68"

37 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Those are one-wash measurements @Geeman so are probably about 1” over tag in the raw state.

Got that dude but SDA always seem to come up small in the waist. 

• 2 weeks later...

@kss447 Awesome pair!

After wearing my SD-108 I really like the 15oz standard denim and it is not too different from the Denime XX denim. Pretty dark, not too irregular or slubby but still full of character and a nice amount of hairiness

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@kss447 Awesome pair!

After wearing my SD-108 I really like the 15oz standard denim and it is not too different from the Denime XX denim. Pretty dark, not too irregular or slubby but still full of character and a nice amour of hairiness

I know I have said many times before but I love that SDA 15oz denim, my favourite denim,

I've just bought Fullcount and UES pairs so don't need anymore jeans but am torn between 108 or sizing up on another pair of 107 as mine are really sung now as my middle aged spread marches on.

Anyone know the difference between the G 15oz denim and the standard 15oz, or if there is any? I'm looking to pick up some SDAs and I want the 15oz denim but want a high rise and a slightly taperd leg. Looks like the G-002 will tick all of my fit boxes but I'm a bit usre about the denim...

@Hendsch@beautiful_FrEaK sounds like he has the most experience with both the G fabric and the standard 15oz. The G fabric is a very rough, slubby, stiff, and somewhat heavier-feeling denim. It also has a gorgeous medium-grey weft that makes it appear super dark when raw and I hope will age beautifully. My impression from comments here (and brief handling in the store) is that the classic SDA fabric is much smoother and more subtle, closer to a true repro fabric.

Wish I could say how the G fabric ages, but I only wore mine a few times before setting them aside to wait for colder weather (and more wear on my current rotation). They are one of the pairs I’m most excited about though.

makes me wear my champloo again tho i can't even close the top two buttons. :D

42296183614_68912792c3_c.jpg

yasss love the sda "standard" denim. in my experience tender's standard 16oz denim comes pretty close to it – its tendency to "marble" is similar – but heavier. has same blue selvedge id too.

sda:

29146512508_4e9b7f25d4_c.jpg

tender:

42299739704_2fb16e275e_c.jpg

On 25.6.2018 at 6:36 PM, kss447 said:

SD-103s, ~3 years lots of washes. Repairs by @chicote holding up really well, thanks again.

IzYA7Zp.jpg

Just so awesome faded!!!!!

I can't stop watching them!!!!