Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

that's my ideal fit, i'd be chuffed. 

forgot what the diff was between 103 and 102?

15 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The 102 was/is SDA's loosest cut. The 103 should be a '66 model and the 101 the classical '50s model. Dunno where the 102 falls into that category.

But that fit looks great!

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

Only saw the announcement and the details written by SdA but haven't seen them in person. The concept sounds interesting although you don't know how much denim there is already available which was also milled on a G-3 loom but aren't advertised as such. And to be more historically correct it would also be interesting what kind of spinning and dyeing of the yarsn they used and where the cotton is from.

But the idea itself is interesting, something Conner's Sewing Factory should look into. Not only using the period-correct sewing machines but also the right looms to produce the denim. 

On 22. Dezember 2017 at 8:48 PM, tobypc said:

DSCF0334.thumb.jpg.acc2d01dea71edfd3d7231bf21cf3d79.jpgDSCF0339-2.thumb.jpg.1f4dabc34f9c32c6b664f2aebb0ee4d9.jpg

Just got these SD-101 back from having the left knee repaired

Those look great and exactly how I like it! How did you size in the SD 101? I´m still interested in this model but I´m absolutely unsure about wich size I should take. I have a Samurai S510XX in 34 but I don´t know if I should take the same size in these?

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Only saw the announcement and the details written by SdA but haven't seen them in person. The concept sounds interesting although you don't know how much denim there is already available which was also milled on a G-3 loom but aren't advertised as such. And to be more historically correct it would also be interesting what kind of spinning and dyeing of the yarsn they used and where the cotton is from.

But the idea itself is interesting, something Conner's Sewing Factory should look into. Not only using the period-correct sewing machines but also the right looms to produce the denim. 

I agree... would be interested in having a look in person. Wonder how the fit is, would it be similar to Conner's. Or are they completely different?

On 12/22/2017 at 4:05 AM, tobypc said:

DSCF0286-2.thumb.jpg.e9a32d5f7d4cb917458262f921d859a4.jpg

Got these SD-102's off eBay, guy said he bought them around 20 years ago and not had much wear yet.

Interesting how low the arcuates were located on the back pocket 20 years ago.

21 hours ago, vgadjo said:

Type: D1657 (now 307) 18.5oz raw

Worn for: 2.5+ years, probably 7-8 months of effective wear

Washes:  one around 7-8 months

Previous post here

First wash on these. They start to look a bit like my 103s.

27895037639_db4c583968_z.jpg

Cheers!

Awesome shots vgadjo!!!

On 1/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, Bill_e_jean said:

Those look great and exactly how I like it! How did you size in the SD 101? I´m still interested in this model but I´m absolutely unsure about wich size I should take. I have a Samurai S510XX in 34 but I don´t know if I should take the same size in these?

I went my regular size which is a 32. Ive only ever wore LVC before those and always wore 32 in 1955's also, hope this helps

DSCF0612-2.thumb.jpg.ff3b1478c5536e8b6014e19c60bed0c6.jpgDSCF0615-2.thumb.jpg.e10fa31f76ad17d0bc130761a286c497.jpgDSCF0628-2.thumb.jpg.2bb50cb33364ff1bf598c7a407b29efd.jpg

Got these SD-103's which are too slim for me so thinking of selling if anyone on here is interested give me a message.

They're well worn with plenty of repairs and look great.

Size 32, believe they're pre-lawsuit due to the patch?

They are pre-lawsuit but that’s not apparent from the patch (which I think is still available on Japanese pairs not for export). It’s the (more) Levi-esque arcs and the white tab on the back right pocket.

30 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They are pre-lawsuit but that’s not apparent from the patch (which I think is still available on Japanese pairs not for export). It’s the (more) Levi-esque arcs and the white tab on the back right pocket.

Thanks mate!

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to recover a different patch from a similar incident by getting simply the garment immediately wet again in the washing machine and line-drying it.