Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Just received the Suvin work shirt and sweatshirt. The sweat is super soft, but much too big for me (got an XL). I'm not sure if I should expect enough of a shrink to wash it or whether I should resell it BNWT...

The shirt fits fine, but the arms are super tight. Also, the denim doesn't feel any different from the regular denim on my other SDA shirt. I hope the sleeves will loosen a bit. Good thing it's OW. Tight sleeves might lead to nice fades, if I don't go gangrenous first (it's not that bad).

On 10/26/2017 at 11:19 AM, JDelage said:

Just received the Suvin work shirt and sweatshirt. The sweat is super soft, but much too big for me (got an XL). I'm not sure if I should expect enough of a shrink to wash it or whether I should resell it BNWT...

I would exchange the sweatshirt for a smaller size, they don't shrink that much when washed.  Just send it back for store credit and get a Large as they're still in stock at most retailers.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got the D1728 in March I've only worn them for 30 days - I just don't like to wear jeans with a strong taper, no matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise ;) So lovely as they are, they have to go - €130 (plus shipping) for Sufu-members: https://www.ebay.de/itm/162729708914

They're W30.

</shameless>

Edited by Cucoo

44 minutes ago, lance said:

Nice lookin Jacket, Niro. Didn’t you also pick up a Suvin Gold Shirt? Haven’t seen any photos :)

Thanks!

And yas I did, that should be arriving next week. Can't wait to check it out.

Grest looking jacket Niro

Does it also comes in an unwashed raw version or sanforized raw like the old Lee Stormriders?

1 hour ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

Grest looking jacket Niro

Does it also comes in an unwashed raw version or sanforized raw like the old Lee Stormriders?

Thanks Ruedi!

I'm not sure if they do. I've only seen the washed version available.

8 hours ago, Niro said:

Thanks Ruedi!

I'm not sure if they do. I've only seen the washed version available.

Ok, thanks for infos

I would like to see an unwashed version from this brand

On 11/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, Niro said:

Got myself SDA's homage to the Lee storm rider jacket. The usual amazing quality you would expect of SDA. Look at that cosy blanket lining! ^_^

IMG_20171119_134843.jpg
IMG_20171119_134900.jpg
IMG_20171119_134939.jpg

nice one - let's see if I get to wear mine this fall/winter...

Edited by Foxy2

14 hours ago, JDelage said:

I have the suvin gold workshirt. Compared to the usual SDA workshirt, the pockets are smaller and the sleeves are *much* more narrow.

Low rise, slim taper and tight arms; wonder what SDA is up to? Their wonderful choice of cotton makes it hard to pass up but recent fits make it hard not to.

Edited by lance

I'm considering selling the Suvin workshirt. The only thing that's keeping me from doing so is the hope that the denim will relax a bit in the arms.

The denim doesn't feel any different on the shirt. It feels super soft on the sweatshirt though.

I forgot to mention that the buttons are different from the ones on the usual shirt. They are metallic, with a pentagonal ridge, pretty cool actually.

Edited by JDelage

The Suvin Gold Western denim shirt arrived! As with anything Studio D'artisan, the quality is brilliant. They have really made a great looking shirt. The shade of indigo, thread colour, and white pearl snap buttons all combine perfectly to create an eye catching denim shirt.

I have taken crappy fit pics, and it may not look like it from the pics, but it's a very good fit in my opinion. Size 38.

Unlike the jeans, the warp and weft of this shirt is supposed to be suvin gold cotton. The cotton as billed as one of the softest luxuriant cottons around, so I had pretty high expectations. As far as denim goes, the weft has a lovely soft feel to it. The warp on the other hand is rougher and also hairy (will try to get a pic in natural light of how hairy it is). The warp on my Iron Heart shirt feels softer, and I believe that is american cotton? Anyway it's the weft that will be against your skin, so that's what should feel good and it does!

Overall it's high quality denim, but would I place it above denim made from other luxury more readily available cotton like supima? No.

I guess if I want to experience the true difference of suvin gold cotton, I should try their sweatshirts.

IMG_20171120_195220.jpg

IMG_20171120_195358.jpg

Crappy fit pics

IMG_20171120_194539.jpg

Look at those pearl snap buttons gleam in the light!

IMG_20171120_200107.jpg

Nice tote bag that came with the shirt

On 2017/11/19 at 11:36 PM, Niro said:

Got myself SDA's homage to the Lee storm rider jacket. The usual amazing quality you would expect of SDA. Look at that cosy blanket lining! ^_^

IMG_20171119_134843.jpg
IMG_20171119_134900.jpg
IMG_20171119_134939.jpg

Very nice jacket ! i'd like to know how the inner lining of the jacket feel like. does it feel soft and smooth ? thx ~

2 hours ago, tchengaa said:

Very nice jacket ! i'd like to know how the inner lining of the jacket feel like. does it feel soft and smooth ? thx ~

It's more of a wooly feel than smooth, but it is soft and comfy! 

6 hours ago, Akruk33 said:

how about the fit? I'd usually go for the size 40 but the measurements on denimio indicate that its more of a Large than medium

I generally go size 38 on SDA, and that's what I got on this jacket. I would have sized up if I was going to wear this over thicker shirt, but for t-shirts, it's fine.

Fit is odd. It's a slim fit, and for that I feel it should have a shorter length. I can't do up the bottom two buttons, because of my hips. It's not a problem for me, because I intend to wear it open and over t-shirts.

IMG_20171121_204532.jpg

IMG_20171121_204718.jpg

I only have one from a previous run, but sizing those was a bitch! since then I own 2 - moderate future volume gain shall not be a concern...

Don't have a recent fit pic, but...

image_zpsphi4wtsg.jpeg
image_zpsqeexhccq.jpeg

maybe they tweaked the body length since, but the sleeves have always been long (good for cuffing)...

Edited by Foxy2

• 2 weeks later...